RV project meetings/updates

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Project update - which doesn't contain anything that changes the RV experience ;)
Road will be closed over the earth dam until "later this year"

A current loop might look something like this: https://www.strava.com/activities/5122561946/
Pay attention to what happens past the boat ramp.
There is a tunnel under the railroad tracks if uncomfortable with the service corridor,
I'm eyeballing something else. The local kids are in there working.

Patrick

Staff member
Another update - which is just a "things are moving along" - no dates, no info about being on-schedule.

I don't think they are going to open the eagle trail this year. they had trouble with people going around the fence
when the water was low - next to the sign that said not to go by the fence. in two languages. imagine that.

JPark

It's a shame they don't create more water access points. The boat ramp area is a pain for anything wind powered, but the reservoir is great for wind sports because it's so big and open.

Patrick

Staff member
It's a shame they don't create more water access points. The boat ramp area is a pain for anything wind powered, but the reservoir is great for wind sports because it's so big and open.

will they let people launch from the south/scuba lot?

The boat ramp gets nuts. I'm not sure what is going on with the water down.
more of a free-for-all.

JPark

will they let people launch from the south/scuba lot?

The boat ramp gets nuts. I'm not sure what is going on with the water down.
more of a free-for-all.
I went to that scuba lot a couple years ago and they told me to go over to the boat launch.
Maybe with the construction chaos I could get away with it now.

terrabike01

Damn, i be slackin'
LOL. They all looked pretty fresh. Should be easy cutting. You just have to get there!
Resized_20211209_111915.jpeg

Patrick

Staff member
Proposed, or even already enacted -

closing of the earth dam to cars - bikes/peds only......

paywall, so can't get the whole thing, but found different snippets around the net.

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It looks like the north dam is really close to being done. They seeded about 1/3 of it. All the soil stockpiles are gone. There's a lot of chatter about transforming Rt. 629 to a bike/pedestrian path and closing that portion of the road to vehicles. A lot of the locals are strongly opposed and have been petitioning the water authority, Hunterdon County, Clinton Twp, and Lebanon boro to re-open the road to vehicles as soon as possible.

This is the portion of Rt. 629 that would be bikes only if the county approves.

1659984543474.png

I (and hopefully some others here) am in favor of making that portion of Rt. 629 bikes/pedestrians only but those in opposition are a lot louder than those in favor of the proposal. I also think those in favor are just staying silent b/c they think closing the road is a foregone conclusion and don't need to express their opinion in the affirmative. If anyone feels strongly about it, please feel free to contact the following individuals to voice your opinion. I've also generated some talking points and justifications for why transforming the road to a bike path is a good idea. Will post those in a bit. I've got some other ideas if anyone wants to help out. Thanks.

NEW JERSEY STATE LEGISLATORS FOR DISTRICT 23
Send a direct message to the 3 members of the NJ Legislature via the following link:
https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/legislative-roster/320/assemblyman-peterson/contact

NEW JERSEY WATER SUPPLY AUTHORITY (NJWSA) OFFICIALS
Mr. Marc Brooks, Executive Director
New Jersey Water Supply Authority
mbrooks@njwsa.org

HUNTERDON COUNTY OFFICIALS (ELECTED)
Mr. John E. Lanza, Chairman
Hunterdon County Commissioners
jlanza@co.hunterdon.nj.us

MUNICIPAL OFFICIALS (ELECTED)
Township of Clinton
Mayor Brian Mullay
bmullay@clintontwpnj.org

Council President Marc Strauss
mstrauss@clintontwp.org

Borough of Lebanon
Mayor Jim Pittinger
mayor@lebanonboro.com

Council President Richard Burton
rburton@lebanonboro.com

Patrick

Staff member
TLDR but RV water is looking sad and ick. Is it because of the construction? RV with higher water is so pretty

Less water, high temps this year.
RV water is pumped in, not spring fed. So it is stagnant

THATmanMANNY

Last time I was there was winter (before yesterday) and water level was still this low. When was the last time it was high?

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think it has been low for a while. It's from a combination of leaks and so little rain. That's one of the reasons that spurred all this construction.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions