RV post-ride report!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Larry rocketed back to the lot and got the chase truck and picked us up limping alone on the road. We had a nice breakfast with grits ;) afterwards at some place don't remember what called

Spinning Wheel Diner?

Unlike Norm's assortment of bars that save your under nourished body...

Oh man it's becoming a talked about entity? Guess I better go post Round 3 right after I start making stupid 80's movie references.

But with RV, like with any place, it is what you make of it.

Totally agree. Know what to expect here, and the ride is much better. It's not LM, CR, nor Ringwood. It's a bit unique.

Не знаю, не знаю ;)

WTF, is this place being over run by Ruskies?

WOLVERINES!

Ok, Clif Bar Challenge post coming up in a bit.

kush

Spinning Wheel Diner?

Yeah, that's the one!

WTF, is this place being over run by Ruskies?

totally.

irina.jpg

ira2.jpg

secondspeed02

COLD bits

:)Good thing youre ride turn out to be fun after all... Let me know the next singlespeed ride cuz I'm tottally up to ride, nice and easy pace - w/ an 32x19

:eek:Heres a related story & etc
Sorry to bump in .. Is that Sram "Der" made of some plastic material?
Funny thing rubber and plastic compound caution cones break really easy in the freezing temp... It just remind me of something related in past type of job I had...

With riding "Good old days"...I do remember those days riding in cold 20 and never made it up to 23 (after 3 plus hours on the bike...)
now I just wait for 36 degrees and up now.. The only thing good about cold u burn up alot calories

my name is Evan talk to later peace P.S. good story

Chris from Halters and Larry (C Puncher) and I started RV at 6:30am today.

Elbiddy-o was on the invite list, by we know that youngsta's need their beauty rest :D

Cold as heck. You warm up on the first hill though.

On the last downhill I think the garmin was saying 27 mph, a rock or something jammed my rear der, and just shredded thing. I felt a tug and stopped right away.

The carnage could only be described in pictures.

With Larry and Chris' help, we converted the Superfly into a makeshift SS superfly, but that didn't last as the granny gear came undone from the screws, which was kind of bizarre.

Larry rocketed back to the lot and got the chase truck and picked us up limping alone on the road. We had a nice breakfast with grits ;) afterwards at some place don't remember what called

still an extremely fun ride, luckily the mechanical was the very end.

rv-der.jpg

THATmanMANNY

...I gotta say that for me, the cold and wee hours adds to the adventure....
CRAZEEE :p The high noon temp felt so nice when the ride was wrapping up. :D

The ride wasn't say disappointing. I liked my first bike outing there, especially the second half, and I wasn't disappointed at how I rode either but the first half just didn't click and I'm sure we've all experienced that to some extent. I always find first times at new places different and especially when there isn't a large group.

I will be back for the hills and the workout, but I'm not gonna be returning because of the singletrack, which there isn't much of. IMHO singletrack>doubletrack any day.

Totally agree. Know what to expect here, and the ride is much better. It's not LM, CR, nor Ringwood. It's a bit unique.
Agree. I expected the Shenandoah 100 and that it was not. Mind games :rolleyes: And there isn't any shame in having to unclip and getting on your feet as long as you're moving forward wherever you ride

Top Bottom