Rutgers Ecological Preserve

betta285

real surprised to see all the leaves on the ground. Just last week there was hardly any. At times i just had to make up my own trail because none was visible. Makes me miss my full suspension from Diablo.

Jim

ellbiddy

Yeah, those bikes inspire confidence. I bumped my cross/fiixie/commuter type bike I was piecing together off the #1 spot and now I'm looking for a good deal on a downhill bike ;) Hopefully before the 4th so I can hit up diablo again.

betta285

yeah, me too. But even a horrible deal on a hardtail is better than the best deal on a DH bike, so it'll be awhile for me.

Jim

ellbiddy

I think it's the other way around ;) You could get a damn good deal on a DH bike since a lot of folks buy them not realizing what it is they're getting into...i.e. kind of like the guys at diablo last sunday wearing their A&F t-shirts and faded jeans with XC helmets with his girlfriend that had her pink sweater tied around her waist like she was going for a beach cruiser ride...hahah needless to say I only saw them make one run before they bailed.

betta285

yeah, i was shocked when i saw them veer away from the main Greenhorn trail and turn down the double diamond with the two big wall rides. I felt bad for them and the riders stuck behind or trying to pass them. I also ran into these older two guys on hardtails with like 2.00 tires, one wearing a Giants sweatshirt. He was going slow but he was doing pretty good, saw him during a few runs. I think next time I'm up there I might bring along my hardtail to try in between runs with the DH bike.

Jim

THATmanMANNY

Hardtail is do-able. You'll probably end up with tons of flats though like my friend last year. THREE on one trip. If you have a progressive HT with a high travel fork. That would work. Some of those guys that race the JEEP48STRAIGHT ride hardtails. GT makes some of those rigs http://www.gtbicycles.com/usa/eng/Products/Mountain/DH-Freeride/Hard-Tail/#5813 and Giant's STP, etc...

What were you guys even wearing and riding?

Our group: I was wearing mostly black/full body armor, all black bike, and khaki shorts. Other had an all white bike with green shorts and white helmet. Spot any of us?

betta285

We were riding the rental ironhorses, a sunday and a 7.5. I was wearing a red Rutgers tee shirt and my roomate was wearing a black and red Advance Auto Parts shirt.

Jim

Top Bottom