Rutgers Ecological Preserve

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
That elevation is way off. Elbiddy, turn on the gravity web setting in motion based to get a better idea of the actual evevation.

Wobbegong is right, I've ridden there many times and the place is basically flat, maybe a few hundred feet at the most. I don't ride there anymore because there are way to many creepy guys lurking on the trails. There's an abundance of wildlife, too bad the creepy's scare them away.

RC ... :)

ellbiddy

I don't know about basically flat, it's got a lot of elevation changes, wouldn't call them climbs but it dips down a good amount and picks up for a short somewhat steep burst

Btw, that original rating wasn't for the actual elevation gain in one shot, it was a sum of all your uphills vs a sum of all your downhills if you looked at what it was the up and down were equal and opposite pretty much. So If I road the same 50 foot hill 9 times...I'd have climbed 450 ft according to that number.

ellbiddy

garmin forerunner 405, I got the first one nabbed at Six Mile, but I bought another one because I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed it. If you find it give it back ;)

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Post it

If you guys are going to ride there after work durning the week, please post it and I would like to go, it's getting close to halloween so I'm sure the creepy's will be out in force.

betta285

I'll most likely be at the Reserve at 1:30pm on Monday and around 7:30am Tuesday if anyone wants to join me for either ride.
Jim

ellbiddy

Jim, I'm planning a ride at the Reserve at around 1:20ish on Monday if you want to team up. I'm bringing a friend who's crazy slow so maybe you don't want to get bogged down by us. I'm bringing the SS I picked up from Tim (who has awesome kids btw, one of them offered to help me load the bike onto my car hah) so as to not ruin the experience too much for me. We could always bomb down wait and then go. Worst case I can go Tuesday morning as well :D

I'll bring it up to you tomorrow at Diablo in either case, getting prepped to do some epic riding :getsome:

leo

betta285

1:20 monday sounds great. I'm actually done with class at the Hill Center at 1:20 so i'll just ride over from there.

I'm pumped to do some epic riding tommorrow as well.
Probably some epic falling, too.

Jim

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Creepy's

Jim, I'm planning a ride at the Reserve at around 1:20ish on Monday if you want to team up. I'm bringing a friend who's crazy slow so maybe you don't want to get bogged down by us. I'm bringing the SS I picked up from Tim (who has awesome kids btw, one of them offered to help me load the bike onto my car hah) so as to not ruin the experience too much for me. We could always bomb down wait and then go. Worst case I can go Tuesday morning as well

leo

I stopped by around 1:15 today (Monday) didn't see any riders, but I did see 2 guys walking into the trails :scared::scared::scared::hitsfan:

ellbiddy

I was there around 1:30ish on testing out my 29er SS surprised we didn't run into each other.

Guys do hike that place, not everyone is going out there to bang in the bushes hah.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
I was there around 1:30ish on testing out my 29er SS surprised we didn't run into each other.

Guys do hike that place, not everyone is going out there to bang in the bushes hah.

I didn't go riding, I didn't see any riders so I just left. Not sure where you parked and the 2 men I saw weren't carring any backpacks :scared:

ellbiddy

I work on campus so I usually just ride over, next time you decide to come down post up or pm and I'll tag along...you won't hear me on the SS though because I'm a neeeeenja ;) In all seriousness it's a damn quiet ride :p

betta285

Yeah, sorry. decided to give my body a rest today. Diablo wrecked havoc on my arms. definitely tomorrow morning, though.

Jim

sixseven

Hi RacerChick! I haven't been spending much time at home otherwise I would offer a tour of the 'pervert park'. The creepers in there are totally harmless, but I can understand your apprehension.
It could be worse: imagine 100s of recumbant enthusiasts gathering there...

fasterthanliam

Hi RacerChick! I haven't been spending much time at home otherwise I would offer a tour of the 'pervert park'. The creepers in there are totally harmless, but I can understand your apprehension.
It could be worse: imagine 100s of recumbant enthusiasts gathering there...

The real name of this place is the "Fairy Forest".

Top Bottom