Rutgers Ecological Preserve Conditions

CrankAddictRich

At Rutgers, school is never out.. there are always people living on campus, professors and teaching assistants that have on-campus housing. Keep in mind that the Orange/Blue portion of the trails also have a trailhead that connects to the Condo complex.... not associated with the school at all. There's also the trailhead that comes in from Johnson park.

thegock

It's right across the street from the B school.

Jules, what's the best time of day for random single men making overly eager eye contact. AFAF

Dajerseyrat

At Rutgers, school is never out.. there are always people living on campus, professors and teaching assistants that have on-campus housing. Keep in mind that the Orange/Blue portion of the trails also have a trailhead that connects to the Condo complex.... not associated with the school at all. There's also the trailhead that comes in from Johnson park.
Yeah, Im sure there is some TRAIL HEAD alright....

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Is Rutgers Ecological Preserve some sort of gay hook up site??
Reason I ask is, I have heard rumors of such and didn't believe them at all, until I rode there the few times. It's the only place I have ridden so far where there are random, solo men walking around, clearly not dressed or equipped for hiking trails. They also seem overly eager to make eye contact with you and say hello..?
On a side note, I got 4 phone numbers, 3 dick pics, and a dinner date with a Justin tonight ????

The rumors are very true. The number of times I've run into things I wish I hadn't is pretty high. On the plus side, Justin is a nice guy and he'll treat you right.

Anyone know the conditions of this trail? I work 10 mins down the road and would like to try and get a ride in after work one day this week.

(A ride on my bike, I want to ride my bike.... based on some of the previous comments I felt the need the specify that...)

Went for a ride after work yesterday, overall the trails are in good condition. There were a few wet/muddy spots on the wild life and orange trail but nothing too bad or unavoidable. Green on the other hand is still quite a mess and a lot of it still has deep ruts. I recommend avoiding green for a little while longer.

On a side note, I didn't see any of the "local wild life" or make any new "friends" while I was out there. Still deciding if that's a good or bad thing. Haha

Steve Vai

Hero Dirt.

IMG_20190411_090144_297.jpg

Steve Vai

Park is still technically closed. A cop stopped me today on my way to say they caught "a" Coyote but there's another one that killed a dog a day or 2 ago. I saw nothing as usual and he said if I ain't scared to be in there then he has no issues with me being there. Not sure if all the cops feel that way so maybe park in Johnson Park near the Zoo and ride in the bottom entrance...

20191127_090811.jpg

20191127_090811.jpg

w_b

The new trail (2018) adds another mile and a half. So, like maybe 7-8ish? If I’m feeling good. I’ll loop the good stuff both ways, another 2 +2 for me from home and back, and I’m right at 19-20.

So, no.

RideOnTime

The new trail (2018) adds another mile and a half. So, like maybe 7-8ish? If I’m feeling good. I’ll loop the good stuff both ways, another 2 +2 for me from home and back, and I’m right at 19-20.

So, no.

Connecting with towpath, Johnson Park, and maybe a pit stop in downtown New Brunswick makes it a nice location!

Top Bottom