Rutgers Eco Ride Yesterday

sixseven

I think I can make it. Still working on a helmet mounted hedge trimmer/weed whacker...hope to have it ready by then.

ellbiddy

That works, anywhere you have to park? I have a faculty pass so we can't really park in the same spots. You could put it in a spot in NB and we could head back in my car I have a hitch rack enough for 4 and a roof rack for 1.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
untitled-3.jpg

b is where a group of us met up last time

keithsly

Do me a favor guys.... If you are going to go over there and do some unauthorized work on these trails (of which I know the RU staff does some teaching of sort....as I have seen classes with what looked like a teacher hiking the trails) do not go crazy and keep the trail intact they way they are !! Less man made challenges as the trails are will keep the fine balance there. I do ride there a couple times a month on my Fixed Gear as a recovery ride (I ride there and through it and then home) .. with a mixture of road, running paths, and single track ... all in Piscataway and I would hate to have someone screw up my Rutgers Roubaix Ride !! This place will never be a place you can drive to and ride for hours... Go to Hartshore, Chimney Rock, Round Valley, Sourlands, or Clayton for that....

warcricket

Like a Jerk
yea, of course, i'm just looking to take out some low hanging snaggers and make the trail head actually identifiable.

ellbiddy

Oh, guess I read the map wrong I thought it was the lot across the Livingston gym right next to the entrance next to Kilmer. Sorry ;p

*reads the map again to realize where in johnson park that is*

ellbiddy

Oooooooooh you guys meet on the other side of river road. Where do you enter the trails? I was under the impression you were going in from the where davidson road T's off near the gym by the Quads

warcricket

Like a Jerk
-sat july 12; 10 am
-at the 'b' parking lot
-bring ze bikes, chainsaws, clippers, en stuff

here's a picture of some manatees to make up for my shameless bump!
manatee.jpg

Last edited:

sixseven

I will be there. Helmet shredder is on hold, I realized the torque was too much for my neck and put it on the bench. Doing lots of reps on a small weight bench I built for my wrists as I write this, in preparation for the prunefest tomorrow.
10 am, do a bit of trimming/riding then my plan is to take the DR Canal to 6 mile, ride that to 27 and back to the canal and then ride back to NB. No set pace for the canal path or 6 Mile for that matter...need to do the math but I think thats about 40 miles. Should be fun. Exhausting too.

Top Bottom