Rutgers Eco Ride Yesterday

IDK, if walking with your pants around you ankles isnt a big deal - then a shovel and rake shouldnt be either.

Yeah, really there's nothing I can say to counter that. But I admitted that in the other post, about the goat and bonfire. I was really referring more to publicly posting that you were going to rip it up this weekend and blaze new trails. If you're going to go with the pruning shears and/or explosives, I'd just keep it as low-profile as you can. I'm sure the pitchers & catchers that play ball back there wait until they're behind the shrubs before they drop their drawers.

That's pretty much what I am talking about. Just some pruning sheers and maybe a gas powered weed wacker and some rakes and stuff. Nothing major just enough to clean it up and properly mark the trails so my dumb ass doesn't get lost. Maybe a stick of Dynamite or two just for the f*%k of it, cause I like loud noises...........:D

OK, I know where those places are. I remember driving up to the Castle at night when we were in highschool. I thought that was private property.

The entrance is in a parking lot across the street from the big handball wall...Or just park in Johnson Park head up cedar lane, hook a left into Forest Glen apartments, head toward the woods in the to the back of the apartments and you'll bump into a trail

The entrance is in a parking lot across the street from the big handball wall...Or just park in Johnson Park head up cedar lane, hook a left into Forest Glen apartments, head toward the woods in the to the back of the apartments and you'll bump into a trail
Oh cool. I know those apartments. I used to carpool with a guy that used to live there.

BMX park in there too ...

At Rutgers there is also a BMX section thats pretty cool. Some guys put alot of hard work into building it with shovels, if you guys go there give it a look

Christina ... :)

that section is pretty fun. I always seem to find it by accident but when I get to it I always try to play around and remember my youth racing BMX.

I went on a ride there yesterday afternoon with my buddie to find out that someone has been some work back there. There is a huge new log pile that somebody built within the last couple days. So there is some covert opperations going on back there. I just wish whoever is doing it would let me know when they are working back there so I can join in. But there needs to be some actual clean up instead of building.

Me and my friend ride back there and we do a prune as we go technique. If we see a spot is semi blocked by a few sticker bushes, we cut them out of the way, etc. I would like to help out cleaning up back there, because i noticed some covered over spots that would make for great riding and wouldnt take long to groom at all. Just pick a date and time and post it.

im going down there to ride for the first time with my brother on tuesday, so id love to help do some clearing, just let me know the date

im going down there to ride for the first time with my brother on tuesday, so id love to help do some clearing, just let me know the date

What time are you coming down on Tuesday? maybe we can meet up. I rode there today and more then pruning there needs to be some actual clean up of all the loose sticks and tree branches and stuff.

What time are you coming down on Tuesday? maybe we can meet up. I rode there today and more then pruning there needs to be some actual clean up of all the loose sticks and tree branches and stuff.

im going down after work, i should be there by 6

I will meet you guys in the parking lot next to the tennis courts in Johnsons park around 6pm providing the weather holds up. They have been calling for thunderstorms everyday fot the last couple of days but none have blown up. So hopefully we will be good tomorrow as well.
Since the park is like 5 mins from my house I am going to ride there so I think by now everybody on here knows my bike by now.

See you guys tomorrow

sounds great!

ill be driving a black ford ranger

can you show me the location on google maps so i can get some directions?

thanks
-Aaron

Where exactly are you coming from? I can give you directions from most points, it's pretty easy to get to from a couple different major NJ highways.

im coming from mount arlington, if you just pinpoint the location on a map, i can get the directions and see which way is best
check your pms
thanks

Aaron

Last edited:
How about a group ride on the weekends? Maybe this Saturday? I live only 15 minutes from there but I don't know the trails so a group ride would help me, and perhaps others, get familiar with the area.

How about a group ride on the weekends? Maybe this Saturday? I live only 15 minutes from there but I don't know the trails so a group ride would help me, and perhaps others, get familiar with the area.

I am down with that. Saturday will be a good day to do that on my end. Anybody else that wants in just say the word.......

Back
Top Bottom