Running of the Dogs

M

Mikey_C

anybody going??? sounds like a pretty cool day. less racey and more like a fun run. I got some decent base miles so i may just try it solo. I can also show off my new parts--think carbon

anybody riding this week, got a few days off and want to take advantage?

mike

NJ Jess

Hi there, I will be also racing. I'm not sure if solo or 2 person co-ed. I'm trying to twist someones arm right now, heehee hee It is a cool "first" race of the season. The course is small rolling hills verse Ringwoods ginders. It's great for a SS bike too. It's a good race to practice what you can eat and drink during racing. Gotta start practicing for the 24 of Allamuchy, not to mention the All-a-muchy 50 km! Smiles, Jess

kerrybelle

rain, rain go away.....

What do you all think about the weather for the race? I'm asking those that live up in that area, since I live 2+ hours away down the shore.
This would be my first race and I'm really hoping not too get rained out. I know you can race in the rain, but honestly if it's a downpour or substantial rain I won't be making the trip. Thanks for the help.

Kerry

Shaggz

A strong 7
i live 5 minutes from kvsp - check weather.com for zip code 07871. it looks like rain until early afternoon. the park is still rideable when wet; it drains well. i will post up tonight with a more accurate local forecast for your consideration.

NJ Jess

Great day of sufferring!

Yes, as registeration began, so did the rains. They only stopped to allow the hail and snow to take their turns.........Damn, it was cold,....for us specators and volunteers too! For a spring fling, spring warm up ride,.....we learned not to forget: our helmets, biking shoes, water bottles, warm clothes, oh,...clothes to change into after the ride, the extra sandwich in the car, how to clean our bikes after a ride, a garbage bag to put our dirty-wet-mud drench clothes so we don't ruin the car, and that all important person to help you undress you, feed you, start your car, so you can think happy thoughts like,........all the other races are gonna be better than this. ( Gee, great race course,......wish Mother Nature would have been more merciful.) Now remember, it's April 8th,............the heat of the summer isn't here yet.......More to come, Great job to all those that came out today. Heck, it will give us something to talk about all week! Thanks for a solid, hand numbing memory, NJ Jess

rocknrollgirl

the question becomes....

Not what was your time, or how many laps....but how long did it take you to De-mud when you got home.....Is De-mud a word...well it is now in our house.....

Ruth

M

Mikey_C

sooo cooolllddd

before my last lap i took a look at the parking lot only to find about half the cars left. i figured my 3 hours was more than up, "keep going". guess i have some time left, and obvisouly my decision making skills were off so i got in another lap.
by the 5th lap there were actual mud slides on some of the climbs and as a woman on an aegis helped keep my spirits( and sanity) as the now and hail was coming down.

my support crew(girlfriend in car, relaxing w/ heat up, helped me strip down as my fingers were not operating as i was telling them to.

felt pretty guilty about the mudslides and while on the course I decided I owe the park atleast a TM day or two.

pics can be found here
http://for-me-to-poop-on.blogspot.com/
-mike

NJ Jess

way cool blog,....

Gee, it only gets better from here, I think. Good Luck in all your races this coming year.

J

justalittlepup

I know these things take time, but does anyone know when/where the results are gonna be posted?
I checked TeamBullDog and nothing so far.

NJ Jess

ROTD results on Friday

Hi, I just got word that the results will be posted on Teambulldog.com on Friday.

J

justalittlepup

NJ Jess said:
Hi, I just got word that the results will be posted on Teambulldog.com on Friday.

Sounds good, thanks for the info Jess. And I forgot to thank you at the race too. I'm the guy that you helped with the bike change out in the pit area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom