Rumble in the Jungleeeeeee

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Anyone have an ideal of what the course is going to be for Rumble in the Jungle?

Crap, I cant spell. Mods help my title please!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have never ridden JH yet, whats it like? Ringwood? Mahlon? Lewis Morris? Anyone planning on riding there this weekend?

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I've never been to JH and don't race, but hitting up the marked race loop would be tons o' fun. The map looks confusing to me.

Mare

where can I get the map?

I don't think the race loop is mapped out yet, but here's a map of the park if you want to just got and goof around. http://www.jorba.org/cpg133/albums/u...at20080606.pdf

Everyone has a different interpretation of places, but mine is this: JH had some really fun trails that were rocky, but flowy and fun! The pavement was boring as hell (but of course). Then there were some trails that I found really hard to ride and I was ready to bail and go back to the car. So, it's a nice mix of heaven and hell.

Oh, and it is definitely not as smooth as Lewis Morris.

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
There is a map of Jungle habitat on jorba.org. As for the race, registration is up on bikereg.com. The laps will be about 7 miles and consists of lots of tight and twisty rocky singletrack. I may be out on Friday and Sunday if anyone is interested in joining up for a guided tour. Once I figure my schedule out a little better I will post rides on the site.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks Pete, the rides last year were great.

WHat's the percentage of paved paths this year? Last year it was pretty close to 50/50 but I understand ya'll have been busy in the past 12 months. I really enjoyed last year's course. Looking forward to it again this year.

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
The course will definitely have more singletrack in it. The guys have been working like crazy in there and there is a lot of new trails to explore. Logistically, we are still working out little things in the course route. The big concern is just keeping lap times reasonable. And anyway, what's with all this preriding the course twenty times before the race garbage!! Show up and race;). So FYI, if anyone rides with me on Fri or Sun, I won't guarantee that we rode the "official" course. We're gonna keep you guys on your toes a little bit.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Where are people parking these days? I have heard in the past that there have been cars messed up over there. Not that im worried about my shit box, but I hate driving with cardboard windows :D

xc62701

There is a map of Jungle habitat on jorba.org. As for the race, registration is up on bikereg.com. The laps will be about 7 miles and consists of lots of tight and twisty rocky singletrack. I may be out on Friday and Sunday if anyone is interested in joining up for a guided tour. Once I figure my schedule out a little better I will post rides on the site.

Since when do you ride? ...(ducking for cover)

xc62701

Where are people parking these days? I have heard in the past that there have been cars messed up over there. Not that im worried about my shit box, but I hate driving with cardboard windows :D

That's only the bears that do that...;)

idbrian

Crotch Rot

could you expand on this? are saying that the place is a target for getting stuff stolen from your cars?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
could you expand on this? are saying that the place is a target for getting stuff stolen from your cars?

Unfortunetly no, I can't expand on it. In the past I heard rumors of people's cars being broken into. I have no proof that it ever happened as I dont know anyone personally who have had problems there. Just what I heard...."be careful where you park" If im wrong, someone feel free to correct me

Top Bottom