rt 27?

• Thread starter hanknatiz@peoplepc.com
  • Start date
H

hanknatiz@peoplepc.com

hey guys, it looks like the rt 27 parking is the place to start, but its not likted on google maps. Im starting im Woodbridge/ 287. I know hoe to get to 27, but where di I go to get to 6 mile?
looking to try it out Sunday.
Thanks!
Hank

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Are you looking for the parking lot or the actual trail?

If you are coming south down 27, you will see a Wawa on your left. I'd say its about 1/8-1/4 mile on your right next to the soccer fields on the left. There is usually a couple cars their. If you go over a bridge you went too far.

As far as the "right" trail, I am clueless. I've road it twice and never really found all the features that everyone talks about :(

walter

Fourth Party
yep, coming south on 27, pass the wawa on your left, on your right will be the Jersey Knights soccer fields, pull into the gravel parking lot, with your back to rt. 27, park in the left corner, sort of away from the soccer fields, the trail head will be right in front of you, down a tiny hill.

Its pretty much one trail all the way out to middlebush rd. Any thing that looks like it may stray away loops back in with the main trail. Once you hit middlebush rd., cross the road ond continue on, it will take you all the way to the D & R canal. Have fun, its really a great place.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
walter, you make it sound so easy! i always end up on a double track trail :(

J-Dro

walter, you make it sound so easy! i always end up on a double track trail :(

I didn't know there was any doubletrack trail on the rt 27 side. Are you crossing under the power lines and heading back into the woods towards the left? Thats where alot of the sniggle is located.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
im actually heading their now, im going to try and follow the advice from a couple of the posts i saw :)

anrothar

entirely thrilled
go left after the log crossing. going straight keeps you on a doubletrack, if i remember correctly.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
after the first log jump, i went left. after that i kept heading left, every turn i could. i was pretty happy with the outcome. i will probably head that way in the future. once i got on the double track though, i couldn't get back into a trail, until about the entrance.

P

Pow

Hi.

Rode with Hank at 6 mile this weekend and had an awesome time. We never did make it across S. Middlebush road but maybe next time around.

All in all a great time. Cant wait till we can make it out there again.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions