Round Valley

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
consider round valley UNRIDEABLE as of this post. a monsoon is surely in the forecast for friday. :D

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
RV maybe even GOOD

Got an email for someone I've ridden with last night. He rode RV on Sunday & said the trails were dry. Another guy I ride with is riding there tonight so I'll let you know what he says. At this point I'm planning to head out there this weekend at least once, maybe twice. Enough of the road already.

By the why, RV & some others with soon be added to the JORBA trails condition page, it's in the works.

Kirt

Maurice

I rode there over lunch time. It's not completely dry but it's completely ride-able. A couple muddy spots but it doesn't matter. If it doesn't rain it will be excellent this week-end (i.e. gone are the days where you see no-one on the trails...). There's some evidence of riding, but nothing major and it should disappear soon.

Also, tick season is on, watch for the little crawlers after riding.

Maurice

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sweet - I'll be there Saturday!

Kirt - it's already on the Jorba conditions list.

Maurice - how did the switchback look?

Maurice

Switchbacks are perfect, dryness-wise. There is a rut but it's from water running. The one you saw pictures about. Just be careful not to get sucked into it when coming down the first turn. There is no need to ride off the trail at that spot, the ground is quite firm.

I'd join you guys but you may not enjoy my company these days...

Maurice

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Switchbacks are perfect, dryness-wise. There is a rut but it's from water running. The one you saw pictures about. Just be careful not to get sucked into it when coming down the first turn. There is no need to ride off the trail at that spot, the ground is quite firm.

I'd join you guys but you may not enjoy my company these days...

Maurice

Maurice,

If you want to meet early, I'm game. Just give me 30-60 minutes then you can drop me. Give us time to BS a little and you can warm up, then do your thing. Just on the way back of you see me impaled on a broken tree, throw me a GU or something. No big deal either way.

Mike679

RV This Morning

Had a decent ride this morning. Main lot to the Cushetunk lot and back, no fire roads. Trails were in great shape with very little mud. I was climbing slowly, but very little dabbing overall.

Crossed paths with Norm, Maurice (who kindly pointed out an unseated bead on my front tire - thanks) and gang for some good trailside bull-shittin'.

Here's the particulars:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2356831

Best place to ride in north NJ this time of year as far as trail conditions, in my opinion.

Mike

Top Bottom