Round Valley trail hike

ellbiddy

Hey,

I got bored so I went for a quick (relatively) hike around the reservoir and was wondering how my loop compared to what most of you guys ride. I saw a lot of real smooth downhills and some nice climbs, also went down the camping grounds trail which I assume most of you don't do...

Anywho here's the loop I did:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6633471

I've been looking to ride this park for a while just wanted to get some feedback on the loop.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
you walk fast...
the trail is relatively linear and it looks like you got it all and then some.
i usually turn around at the end of the trail and make it an out and back, tho.

ellbiddy

We jogged some of the downhills as it was easier than walking down, is there any way to make that a loop besides going on the roads?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
From the elevation profile, it looks like you jumped down to the camp road and missed a good portion of the trails.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I did indeed! ;) Is that part of the trail system a nice ride? The camp road was booooring ;p

Ok ok...I should have said, it looks like you jumped down to the camp road immediately, as opposed to halfway. The part you missed is the *meat* of the RV sandwich.

The full monty ride would be to go out all the way to the sign, right up the hill then loop around in Cushetunk, then back up and over and go back the way you came. We could probably consider one of these Hooligan rides there but RV isn't exactly the most beginner friendly park to ride. If enough people show interest though I'd lead a ride there maybe in the fall.

The Kalmyk

Started from Cushetunk today.My first time there and can say the hills are serious. I had to bike and hike up and is definetely not SS freindly. I really like the uninhibited feel of the trail. I noticed a lot of new gravel in one section(Round Valley not Cushetunk). Mountain biking wasn't in mind when they did that. The descent on that stuff is washout city. It would be real fun a full suspension 29er:hmmm:.Good fun and challenging

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions