Round Valley TM Saturday May 10th 9am

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Please join us for trail maintenance at Round Valley on Saturday May 10th. We at JORBA are trying to become more involved at RV. The 1st thing is to repair the washed out switchback trail that's about 2 miles out from the main lot. Those who ride there often will know the spot. With a good showing of volunteers & some quality trail work, it could go a long way in building a strong relationship with the Park Supervisor. The TM will be rain or shine (barring a torrential downpour), please dress accordingly. We would recommend that each person wears comfortable shoes/boots, brings work gloves and something to drink. All tools will be supplied.

Other Details:

Date: Saturday May 10th
Time: 9:00 a.m. until finished
Meeting location: Main entrance, first parking lot past the ranger station on the right (a right turn & then another right into the lot after ranger station)
Instructions: All volunteers need to sign in at the ranger station
Questions: somerset @ jorba.org

Thanks & hope to see you there.

P

pdm362

I will be there. Should I bring my bike? I kind of want to ride there since I've never been there before. Anyone interested in leading a ride after TM?

Paul

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So questions:

1. We have to sign in before we get to the lot?
2. Walk or ride to the areas where work is needed?

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm,

Yes, you need to sign in at the ranger station.

I believe will be be driving to the work area. There's a gated access road a few hundred ft before the switchback begins that they will open for us. We'll meet at the main lot & figure out how many cars, etc. they'll let us take in.

Paul,

It's an out & back, easy to navigate. I'll likely make a decision on riding after the tm as I may be shot.

mwlikesbikes

I'll be there. Bringin' the bike to ride after.

Will they need any tools, IE: shovels, picks, other various implements of destruction?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hours?

How many hours of Paydirt is it possible to get in on a trail day? I work weekends except for race days, so I would need to take a day off and miss a days pay to do one in season, I just need to know if it's worth eating Ramen noodles for a week:D

-Jim.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You may want to consider hitting up JDog for his early morning work down at 6 Mile. While it's not an official TM session I think he can submit your hours just like anyone else as long as you put them in.

I see people pumping out 5 hours at a time, so if you worked it out right you could knock it out in 2 sessions. I also know JH starts early, so you could try to get a few hours up there before heading to work. Of course with gas what it is, you might need Ramen for the week after driving up there.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Cool, I already have time in, I went down to Allaire in the pre-season...I think I need to talk to Jdog...And I don't care about gas prices, I drive a Yaris:D

-Jim.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norms suggestions are right on. Remember you have until Oct to get your points so 2 hrs here & there in adds up & you won't miss a whole day of work.
If it works for you, we normally have 1 week night TM @ CR that's about 3 hours. We are still waiting on the summer TM schedule from the rangers for that date.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Will they need any tools, IE: shovels, picks, other various implements of destruction?

We are good with the tool thing. If you have any tools or contraptions to move heavy rocks, bring it along. See you there Mike.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got the clearance to go to this. So I'll be there!

I heartily encourage everyone else to join. We'll throw mud at Kirt.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Leave at 1. Bring your bike and ride to the site. I'll ride with you. It's probably not even 2 miles in.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions