Round Valley this Sat Afternoon

kush

Round Valley this Sat Afternoon 3pm

Does anyone have plans to ride Round Valley this Saturday 18th.

I've never been, heard there are some nifty climbs and rock gardens

Around 4pm would be groovy.

Pace - whatever makes everyone happy.

Thanks!

Last edited:

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can't this Sat, but most any other Sat I would show you around the Cushetunk (that's the name of a trail and the name of county park that borders the back of RV).

GratefulRider

Kush,

just enter the park, park in the 1st lot on your right and head towards your right down the trail. as long as the resevior is on your left you are heading the right way. head all the way out to the end (1/2-3/4's of the way around the resevior) and turn around. You can't get lost. There is some grueling climbing involved, but its not that bad. just be sure to bring extra tubes, food, and water. There are some maps available. there is also a good book, written by Josh Peirce, called the NJ Ride Guide. it has maps and descriptions of many NJ rides. A place like round Valley is pretty easy to navigate with a simple map and explanation. If you want more details, let me know.

Enjoy

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Last year early in the spring, Round Valley was one of the first parks I rode a MT. bike at. Tommy and I headed out, there were some very hard climbs and rocky downhills. Back than everything was hard for me ... hmmm, still is :D
Once the well ridden trails ran out we kept going, thinking we could ride all the way around the lake. How hard could it be? It took us almost 4 hrs to after getting lost, clawing our way through over grown sticker bushes. We wound up turning around and going out the way we went in. We looked like we just had a fight with a grizzly bear and lost. Ah those were the days :p

RC ... :)

The Kalmyk

what's a cushetank.

either way, i don't mind a bit of hike-a-climb.

You can also enter via the Cushetunk parking lot....It starts climbing right out of the gate...Might not be something to consider being your first visit to the park...It can be access thru Round Valley...I have never seen signs for Cush trail it was always me following someone...I can only wish this place was closer to my house....Hey, post up the "Kush takes on Cush" after the ride:)

trener1

I might be interested in checking out Round Vally, though it seems that 4:00 might be a bit late to get started considering how early it's getting dark now.
I think something like a 2:00 start would be enough time to get a good ride in while allowing some leeway for getting a bit lost etc..

Last edited:

The Kalmyk

I might be interested in checking out Round Vally, though it seems that 4:00 might be a bit late to get started considering how early it's getting dark now.

Yup it might be a little late...Do not stay there past hours...You'll find a little peice of paper on your windshield...GUARENTEED

ellbiddy

If you can start a little earlier, I'll be down to go. I've hiked the park before and some of the climbs hurt. It took me something like 3 hours to hike the park, from the boat launch all the way around back to it. I'm not sure if that red trail that's labeled in places is "cush" but it looks like it hits a good chunk of the woods there, from the motionbased stuff I dipped out down to the campgrounds trail because it wasn't as hard on the knees.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6633471

From where we entered, there was this grassy hill that was sickly hard to even jog/walk up I can't imagine getting up it on a bike hah.

ellbiddy

I forgot to turn on gravity (MB option), check again, the numbers should be much closer to actual now.

Edit: There are some really serious climbs though hah the elevation profile should give you an idea

ellbiddy

If you would have read my post you would have now seen it was Elevation Gain (ft) +2,237 / -2,235 ! heh

About the same as you said, but I took some of the easier trails.

kush

cool

I can start earliest at 3pm as I have a thing that ends at 2pm. That should work fine though

Lev - отличнo :) Поехали

van river, trener - great, let me know / confirm tomorrow.

SPencer - you know you want to ride bro ... come along ... climb shimb bla bla. we'll make this place beg for mercy. We'll make it wear a dress and speak with a french accent. We'll make it . We'll ... ah who am I kidding

We will call this global economic climb-a-thon. :D

Let's do this :getsome:

Top Bottom