Round valley Saturday 10/25

trener1

Anyone want to hit Round Valley this Saturday?.
The weather looks iffy, but if the forecast improves I'd love to ride that place.

kush

for sure if I heal. I took a hard spill this morning at Baldpates waterfall trail, landing on a rock right on mid thigh. like 8-ish or so?

trener1

I hope that you feel better.

Can you do any later?.
It takes me a good hour and 15 minutes to get there, and I'm not big on getting up super early. :(
10 or 10:30 would make me happier...

kush

H, you can sleep when you're dead ;)

actually later is ok, as i have a hockey game that goes till midnight ... but i can't do later than 10, so let's actually target to be rolling at 10. ?

ellbiddy

I might be down to come, would be ncie to give a go at this place with fresh legs and no crazy hills to walk off the bat. You guys are under no obligation to wait for me if I'm too slow ;)

trener1

Hopefully the rain holds off.
So meeting up at the main lot, not the Cush (break your legs off) lot.
Wheels down at 10:00 sounds great.
Elbiddy it would be great to have you along. it's not a race so don't worry about the pace.

MTB Aussie

Would love to join but have obligations in the morning. I was planning the same ride starting at 3pm from the regular lot, out to the cush trail and back.

MtnRider

Directions to round valley?

Hey guys - like to join your Saturday ride as my sunday (the ringwood epic) looks iffy. I've never ridden round valley so some directions or mapquest link would be real helpful

Any idea how far/long you plan to ride and pace?

Tx
MR

trener1

Go to the trail directory on this site.
Under Round Vally there are three lots, click on the one marked main lot, and you can get directions right to there.
If for some reason that doesn't work, give a shout.

As far as distance/pace :hmmm: I don't know, I guess as long as it takes to do a full loop, maybe some of the guys that know the loop better can chime in.

ellbiddy

I'm actually going to have to pull out of a 10 am ride, probably going to go sunday morning I have to drive to West Bumblef....you know where ;) All the way out to western PA and back.

trener1

The forecast does not look very promising....
And Ellbiddy is the only one that knows the trails, so the ride prospects aren't looking too good.

trener1

Ellbiddy, let me know if you are going to ride on Sunday.
Since it looks like tomorrow might not work out, I might join you on Sunday.
Anyone else up for Sunday?.

ellbiddy

Yeah I'm down for Sunday assuming it's not pouring :p Probably shoot for a late morning start 11ish I rested my legs this whole week so I should hopefully have enough strength to pedal hah.

MTB Aussie

I'm still planning on heading out from the main lot at 3pm, unless it is raining torrentially. Moderate pace but fast enough to cover 16 miles before sunset.

trener1

Hey Aussie,

You think it might be wet tomorrow?, all those slippery rocks don't sound that fun.
Might be a day for the road bike.

ellbiddy

Well I got a last minute call and they need some EMT's at that walk/run-a-thon thing in north brunswick so I'm tied up in the morning, my new wheels down time is 1:30ish

Last edited:

MTB Aussie

RV def drains well. The leaves hold the water this time of year though, but that just adds to the fun. Unfortunately I cant partake of the fun due to some other non bike activities that need to take place. I am going to jam an hour or two on the road bike in a few minutes instead since I need to be home by 11.

Everyone who gets out today - enjoy it on my behalf please, it looks like a great day.

Top Bottom