Round Valley Friday 10/30/20 - 3:30

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It's been raining for 4 days, RV doesn't care.

Cushetunk lot at 3:30 - we'll climb over the saddle, ride the eagle trail - maybe climb (walk) up to the ridge,
then drop back into the RV side. Red back to the ridge - then ridge back to Cush. It won't suck. well it will, but who cares!
Yeah bikes!

GTCHAMPION1

It's been raining for 4 days, RV doesn't care.

Cushetunk lot at 3:30 - we'll climb over the saddle, ride the eagle trail - maybe climb (walk) up to the ridge,
then drop back into the RV side. Red back to the ridge - then ridge back to Cush. It won't suck. well it will, but who cares!
Yeah bikes!
I really would love to make it this time but I work until 4:30 😕.

GTCHAMPION1

go in 3 hours early?

Hey, how is the spouse doing on her bike? maybe an easy nassau ride soon?
(warm clothes make a nice holiday gift)
My wife just get scared of steep sections, but an easy ride at Nassau sound great. Definitely we should meet up for an easy group ride too

Patrick

Staff member
why do i feel i need to reduce the date of 10/30/20 to 1/3/2 ?
it doesn't work on any level, but damn, all those zeros to eliminate!

jklett

why do i feel i need to reduce the date of 10/30/20 to 1/3/2 ?
it doesn't work on any level, but damn, all those zeros to eliminate!
avzero_05.jpg

I can most likely join up today, I'll let you know for sure by noon.

Patrick

Staff member
Does this mean it drains well or the trail crew doesn't care if it gets destroyed?

it drains well - there will be a few spots, but nbd.
i think i am the trail crew at this point ;)

the leaves will be treacherous, so it will be slow going - slower than my usual pace.

JPark

I road there for the first time this summer. EPIC DISASTER.
I started at the Cush parking lot and started climbing a trail that I later realized is not on trailforks.
It started off fine but it got brutally steep. Once I got to the top I realized I needed to go south to get to the main riding trails so I took this trail along the ridgeline which required me to carry my bike most of the time. This trail wasn't even easy for hiking! When I got to the end of it there was a sign stating the trail was closed. At this point it was a hour of biking/hiking and I had only covered 1 mile.
I finally reached some normal riding trails but I was already too gassed to enjoy it.

Patrick

Staff member
I road there for the first time this summer. EPIC DISASTER.
I started at the Cush parking lot and started climbing a trail that I later realized is not on trailforks.
It started off fine but it got brutally steep. Once I got to the top I realized I needed to go south to get to the main riding trails so I took this trail along the ridgeline which required me to carry my bike most of the time. This trail wasn't even easy for hiking! When I got to the end of it there was a sign stating the trail was closed. At this point it was a hour of biking/hiking and I had only covered 1 mile.
I finally reached some normal riding trails but I was already too gassed to enjoy it.

You def need a proper tour! there is still hike-a-bike, but not too much.
The trailhead is 100' down the pipeline cut - the one from the lot is brutal - i don't even like coming down it!
then the ridge at the top of that trail to the south is mostly unrideable - it is ok to the north, but rides better in the other direction.
was planning something like this if the leaves allow.

JPark

You def need a proper tour! there is still hike-a-bike, but not too much.
The trailhead is 100' down the pipeline cut - the one from the lot is brutal - i don't even like coming down it!
then the ridge at the top of that trail to the south is mostly unrideable - it is ok to the north, but rides better in the other direction.
was planning something like this if the leaves allow.

On the ride back to the parking lot I came down the better trail and that part was fun.

Mare

I might join, but on foot. I'll probably be faster than you. Haha! RV drains, but no way I am riding those wet leaves and rocks.

Top Bottom