Round Valley Conditions

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone been to Round Valley? Considering trying a ride there tomorrow morning...

woody

Round Valley / Cushetunk trails were in great shape this afternoon!

The Cushetunk trailhead was a bit muddy, but that spot always takes forever to dry.

I wouldn't be surprised if the fire roads near the main parking lot have some wet areas in the usual spots - I parked at the Cushetunk lot and turned around just before I got to those fire roads.

But the singletrack is all Good To Go! - Get some tomorrow before the rain! :getsome:

ADoug

Despite the incoming rain this Thursday, think it will still be ready this weekend? Dying to get out there, even if it is the horrendous leg killing of RV!

woody

Yeah, my legs are pretty wasted after yesterday's ride.

RV drains well, but it could be a LOT of rain tomorrow, so tough to say how the trails will be for the weekend.
Sunday is obviously a better bet than Saturday.

If you do go, just be prepared to turn around and bail out if the trails are still soggy.

ADoug

Hmm, maybe I'll wait until Monday or Tuesday. Have all of next week off anyway.

Thanks for the report!

alex_k

The trails were very good today except one section between the parking lot and the switchback.

Dr Superb

RV trails were in very good shape today. Some wet spots but nothing crazy...

Except for on my way back it thrashed my tire once again. Second time in as many rides. I see a new wheel set in my immediate future. Thankfully tomorrow is my bday, maybe I will treat myself...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
The road going around Round Valley is dry:D Stanton Mountain Road now has a section that is no longer paved so if you're coming up from the General Store and descending the steeper side, be careful, it comes up on you quick.

-Jim.

woody

RV was in very good shape yesterday.

Man, those climbs are brutal! Need to force myself to hit this place more often...

Apparently there is a very specific litter problem with a certain demographic at the summit of the big climb.
I did not see any of the mentioned items on the ground, so the sign must be working well.
6249847122_f628d14eac.jpg

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
RV was in very good shape yesterday.

Man, those climbs are brutal! Need to force myself to hit this place more often...

Apparently there is a very specific litter problem with a certain demographic at the summit of the big climb.
I did not see any of the mentioned items on the ground, so the sign must be working well.
6249847122_f628d14eac.jpg

darn those koreans :rolleyes:

mwlikesbikes

RV was in great shape today. The dirt road climb from the fence was rutted up but otherwise the trails were cleared of all the fallen trees from the storms.

Clapper

The loop was in excellent shape today. The trail was well defined, clear of fallen trees and branches, and was dry. You can always count on RV to drain a lot better than other nearby parks.

I went out around noon and was surprised to see four other bikers...gd bums!;)

RobW

I really want to try this place out... Not sure where to park for best route. I need something better than 6mile after the rain

roc

I really want to try this place out... Not sure where to park for best route. I need something better than 6mile after the rain

I have this afternoon off, we can go check it out, I haven't been there in 4 years, but it was a pretty easy place to navigate.

RobW

I have this afternoon off, we can go check it out, I haven't been there in 4 years, but it was a pretty easy place to navigate.

That would be cool, I'm a little beat up from 6 mile yesterday.

Look for the main lots and park at the lot above the boat launch. It's an out and back from there (no real loop to be found). Plan to do a lot of climbing!!

Gonna head out shortly to hit Lewis Mo. Wanted to do Mahlon, but I don't own any orange gear and I don't feel like getting shot at....

RobW

Look for the main lots and park at the lot above the boat launch. It's an out and back from there (no real loop to be found). Plan to do a lot of climbing!!

Gonna head out shortly to hit Lewis Mo. Wanted to do Mahlon, but I don't own any orange gear and I don't feel like getting shot at....

i hear lewis mo is a great place to ride

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions