round valley 4/7 9am

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You got suck in? The place really sucks. ;) When Fred wakes up I can't see him saying no. The conditions are perfect, very little mud. Enjoy yourself.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
contrary to what someone said in the other thread, it looks like there is a lower trail that goes back in the same direction as the route you guys took. it would make it a loop. is that still there? open? worth it?

edit: i spotted the lower trail on google earth. it could be a paved rd for all i know.

Last edited:

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Camping access road, mostly blue stone covered. No fun at all. We use it to shorten the ride sometimes but trail in trail out is the most fun. The bonus of the trail is the downhill toward the end, super fast, rocky, just plain fun.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sean,

If you want to put it off until next Saturday I could do that. I've already got plans for tomorrow. I want to try an RV double, just doing it alone might be a little boring, that's why I haven't tried it yet,

Kirt

J-Dro

I'll be riding RV tomorrow too, but I can't get there til later in the day. Will be hitting the trail about noon. Maybe I'll do the out and back twice too - NOT.

I'll try not to be too much of a trail obstacle for you Sean as you blow past.:D

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i could probably do it both tomorrow and the next saturday. so count me in for that then too.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
fun ride, glad everyone could(n't) make it. :D really fun park! would be incredible if it were a loop.... if this is maurices local park, (i think it is?), that explains alot. really steep, and pretty damned technical. not sourlands tech, but it's got some good rock gardens. highlight is by far the climbing though. hopefully next time i wont walk so much of it....

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2410356

J-Dro

Round Valley Loop

I knew that had to be you that we passed Sean. We passed going in opposite directions but for some reason it didn't look like you. Did you shave your beard or something? Anyway, by the time I figured out that the chances of another rider on a SS karate monkey was about 0.001%, I tried to call back but you were too far up the trail.

Check out the loop that we did today.
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2412391

Its a good alternative if you don't feel like doing the out-and-back. The first 3.5 miles or so is on the road, which gives me a chance to warm up a bit before hitting the climbs in the park. Also, you missed the best downhill in the park (IMHO) by turning around where you did. Look at the tail end of my elevation chart to see what I mean.

Conditions today were excellent. RV dries up faster then just about anywhere else in central NJ. I've been traveling alot for work so this was the first time in the saddle in a week for me. My quads are feelin' it.:)

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i considered going that way, but assumed it lead to a house. before that trail reaches the road, on sattelite, i can see a trail going back up to the top and coming out by the boat launch area. is it there/open? can you ride across the dam at the back end of the white trail? it looks like you can.

do you have the link for your actual mb entry? can't get it through the player. i saw 1 other rider on a 29er, and that was the only rider i saw. still have the beard.

J-Dro

i considered going that way, but assumed it lead to a house. before that trail reaches the road, on sattelite, i can see a trail going back up to the top and coming out by the boat launch area. is it there/open? can you ride across the dam at the back end of the white trail? it looks like you can.

do you have the link for your actual mb entry? can't get it through the player. i saw 1 other rider on a 29er, and that was the only rider i saw. still have the beard.

We parked in the Cushetunk Preserve parking lot which is further up the road from the boat launch and technically not part of RV since its Hunterdon County property. From there, its a road ride until you get to the main park entrance. As far as I know, you're not allowed to ride on the dam anymore, perhaps years ago it was allowed.

Are you looking for the .crs file? The link for that is on the dashboard page. Or here it is as well. http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/...=2412391&trainingCenterExport.courseMode=true

Surprisingly, the park was empty today. Besides you, we only passed 1 other guy on a Titus... not sure if it was a 29er or not since he was bombing downhill at the time.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
nono, just the link to the summary page for your ride. it hasn't been uploaded to the publicly accessible trails yet. i really don't remember passing anyone on bike except a multi-speed 29er. were we there at the same time?

J-Dro

nono, just the link to the summary page for your ride. it hasn't been uploaded to the publicly accessible trails yet. i really don't remember passing anyone on bike except a multi-speed 29er. were we there at the same time?

Well maybe that guy who didn't look like you actually wasn't you. lol. There was another KM in the park today then. I was in a group of 3 total and riding my 5-spot. And no wonder he didn't respond to "sean".:D

Either I must be really dense or I just don't get your question. The link to my summary page at MB is contained in post #12 below. I just clicked on it to verify that it works. Is that what your looking for?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
it is, but i swear it linked to your player before, not the summary page. i clicked it like five times.

Top Bottom