Roubaix anyone?

BiknBen

which race will you do? The 4/5, 4, or 3/4? too bad they are run concurrently. You could earn your upgrade in one day.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
which race will you do? The 4/5, 4, or 3/4? too bad they are run concurrently. You could earn your upgrade in one day.

I'm thinking about the 4 race. Freddy can break from the 5's to me, and then we can break from the 4's to you, and then all 3 of us can hide in the 1/2 pack and each win our classes...

-Jim.

Last edited:

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
That's a sloppy race set up. I don't really enjoy Roubaix's, but the Battenkill Roubaix is fun fun fun.

Bring your cross bike if you plan on doing that race.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
7 sections of the course are on hard pack dirt. I imagine that's what the reference is for.

THATmanMANNY

questions

this race SS friendly? doesn't sound to be....

would you want to be riding slicks or low profile knobs in roubaixs?

I like this style. Roubaixs are probably the only road races I'd do.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

as long as you can freewheel and have brakes, ss is your choice.

THATmanMANNY

as long as you can freewheel and have brakes, ss is your choice.

3 hrs away... g0d damn... I'll pass especially if all them geared bikes going to smoke me

I really need to get on putting this geared road thingy together. Those racers in the pics look murderous

BiknBen

I guess Warcricket started this idea about road racing with a fixed/ss setup? In ten years I've never seen anyone line up for a Road race without gears. It makes as much sense as showing up to a XC MTB race with a uni.

Sure it can be done. But you would have to know the course, average speed, and gear choice beforehand. Any gear you ride on the road by yourself will be way too low during a race. They usually average about 25mph. I suspect you would be riding by yourself within a mile.

lmckee

I used to work in a small lumber yard that was one town away from fawn grove. It's really funny to me that they're starting a race out of fawn grove seeing as how its more less a two road town the size of my pinkie finger. With the town size aside the road riding in the area should be absolutely awesome, its all rolling hills surrounded by farm fields.

Top Bottom