Ross on Remedy 9 Wins AM World Championship

syadasti

Wet Rag
Ross aboard a Trek Remedy wins all mountain world championship. Crushes two favored SC riders on the latest VPP iteration! New VPP failz!

Full press release here

Racing aboard an all-new for 2008 Trek Remedy, Trek/VW team rider “Rad” Ross Schnell won this year’s 13th annual Downieville Classic All-Mountain Race, setting two course records and taking home World Championship honors in the process.

"Downieville’s no longer a one-horse town,” said “Rad” Ross, commenting on a performance that might finally put to rest the bragging of three-time All-Mountain Champ Jason Moeschler and seven-time Downhill Champ Mark Weir. Several other high profile athletes pulled up to the start line—including Brian Lopes, Myles Rockwell, Andreas Hestler and Kurt Voreis—in a quest to claim the prestigious title.

[url=http://www.pinkbike.com/news/2008RockShoxatDownieville.html]pinkbike[/url] said:
News Source: Eric Schutt
Heralded as the unofficial ‘All Mountain World Championships', the Downieville Classic in Downieville, California has become a much talked about event. Racers compete on the same bike for both the 29 mile XC point-to-point race as well as the epic 17 mile DH course.

Ross Schnell (Trek-Volkswagon) won both the XC and the DH event, therefore solidly claiming the overall title. Not only did Schnell win both events, he set a course record in each discipline. Ross won pedaling his Trek Remedy 9 with a RockShox Lyrik Solo Air suspension fork and RockShox Monarch 4.2 rear shock.

Schnell had this to say about his victories, “It was fun coming away with a couple wins and a couple course records. It was a stacked field with a bunch of big-hitting riders. The record course runs feel really good, because Mark Weir had an open course, while I started 43rd and had to pass 9 guys. I ate dust the whole run, but I did it. I am so stoked.”

P.S. VPP riders, don't get too bent out of shape, I ride a BLT2:rofl:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I am by no means a trek fan but I am glad that Mark didn't win. They made mark out to be unbeatable.

Top Bottom