Rope blocking yellow trail?

Rozack

Was at LM today there is a ropes blocking the creek crossing at the start of the yellow trail forcing you across the little bridge there. Are we messing up the creek?:hmmm:

BAIN

you should always take the bridge. if it was just a mud hole, I would say the same thing, but because it is an actual waterway from hillside to that pond. the environmentalists are probably on it due to wildlife(no matter how small)

Adrian

the environmentalists are probably on it due to wildlife(no matter how small)

I would of guess that all the riders going through the stream would tear up the banks of the stream, accelerating erosion from all the rain this summer.
But I'm guessing :D

Liberace

Also, remember that a number of cross country races are held at the park, so the rope may in fact be related to an event this week or weekend.

Jase

I was there yesterday (10/14) and the rope is still there. Im thinking that is a block off from crossing the stream.

Rozack

Its funny at the TM last month nobody new why it was there include the Duncan of Morris Trails Partnership and Larry from the Morris County Parks. They thought it had to do with a race being held there last month. I guess some group did it, since the orginal post they added caution tape, but it seeems everyone is just going around it and still riding through the stream(you can see the tracks).

tednugent

Was at LM today there is a ropes blocking the creek crossing at the start of the yellow trail forcing you across the little bridge there. Are we messing up the creek?:hmmm:

Yep. That's the reason I heard at the fall picnic on sunday...

Adrian

how high are the ropes? you could just bunnyhop them. assuming you're not on a 29er.... :D

Multiple Ropes are blocking the trail. IDK, I think they reach up to five feet high. With a 26er you could definitely bunny hop it.:rolleyes:

L

livetheedgeMTB

i'm going to try to bunny hop it tomorrowand see what i get

xc62701

I don't know why people would want to go that way anyway. I do like the new reroute on the other side of the bridge though.

Eileen

the new reroute on the other side of the bridge though.

That trail took a lot of work to build, as does every good trail. Utah, me and a nice crew were chopping through roots all summer. It did definitely turn out nice. The backache was worth it :D

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions