Roller Races at the Peddler Feb. 22

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
In the interest of keeping the juices flowing in the midst of a long, cold winter, The Peddler of Long Branch will be hosting Roller Races on Sunday February 22, 2009. The flier is attached. If you've never experienced roller races, be assured that you will have a good time, be it as a participant or a spectator.

Attachments

• Peddler_Roller_Race_XSM1.jpg
    Peddler_Roller_Race_XSM1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 123

ChrisG

Can you please detail what it to be expected at such an event?
Bring your road bike, riding stuff, and a trainer to warm up on.

Registration is at 10:30AM, races start at 11AM. I believe they will do time trials heats to seed competitors, then do head-to-head drag races. The racing rollers have a gear-driven "clock" attached, so the first to make it go all the way around wins. Races are very short and violent efforts, 500 meters.

There is a gear restriction (roll out) which is easily dealt with on-site.

I expect there will be music blasting, and I know there will be tasty food and drink, as Basil's and Tavolo are both awesome restaurants.

It'll be a fun event, for sure.

RNG1

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

RNG1

Man what will they think of next?...next thing you know some one will come up with unicycle jousting

JohnA

Mike for the peddler has some really good prizes. From what I have heard a Cannondale frame ,Mavic wheels, and prizes all the way to 20th place. Should be really fun to race or watch. He is also having food and music.

ChrisG

Note that the racing rollers are larger diameter than most "consumer" rollers, thus they have less rolling resistance and make for a more skittish balance point.

Which just adds to the fun, of course.:hitsfan:

Top Bottom