Rode Yesterday

D

DANSPANK

What a great place! My first time there and a nice, sunny day for the tour. I put about 11 miles in, made it to some of the inner chutes and gulleys. The trails were in great condition. Just a handful of boggy spots. I found it pretty easy not to get lost as I just worked my way around the inside unmarked trails until I hit the bordering orange trail then turned around and headed back in.

Looking at my GPS ride map I know I repeated a bit of stuff so know there's lots more to see. I'll have to join a group ride there in the future. It's only an hour south from me in Secaucus.

Great job! to the TM crew, the trails are sweet!

D

DANSPANK

I forgot to mention that the riders that I chatted with were really nice guys. My girlfriend was walking/running with our dog. She got lost and needed to ask for directions from a few people but she tells me they were great too! All of the bikers slowed down when they came near her and the dog. Some even stopped so as not to spook him - thanks guys! And thank you for telling her how to get out of there too!

The Rose

Its true, you'll find the coolest people at Allaire. Atug does a great job of maintaining the trails. I have had the pleasure ( read, "misfortune":D ) of riding with some of the crew. They are a passionate ( read "insane:D ) bunch, who wont think twice about lending a helping hand to any of the parks users, bikers, walker/runners, whatever. Gotta love Allaire.:)

D

DANSPANK

Back there again today

This place is just great. I headed out of the car park at the opposite end to where the trail map hut-thing is and kept to the right on the trails to find some great little drop-ins heading down towards the river. It's a nice, quick run along the river before running around the model airplane field and back to the marked trails. I was only planning on staying an hour but ended up knocking out just under 25 miles in 2.5 hours. The trails are just so sweet!

Loads of friendly people on the trails again, including horseback riders and walkers. I found a few other nice, quick drop-ins and a sweet meandeing, slightly downhill trail that empties out at one of the points where the blue and white trails intersect - I think that's right. But it was a very quick, windy section where you can practive banking on the 12-24" berms - nice!

ArmyOfNone

This place is just great. I headed out of the car park at the opposite end to where the trail map hut-thing is and kept to the right on the trails to find some great little drop-ins heading down towards the river. It's a nice, quick run along the river before running around the model airplane field and back to the marked trails. I was only planning on staying an hour but ended up knocking out just under 25 miles in 2.5 hours. The trails are just so sweet!

Loads of friendly people on the trails again, including horseback riders and walkers. I found a few other nice, quick drop-ins and a sweet meandeing, slightly downhill trail that empties out at one of the points where the blue and white trails intersect - I think that's right. But it was a very quick, windy section where you can practive banking on the 12-24" berms - nice!

i <3 those banks

that place is freakin awsome. if you ever get a chance to get out w/ chris g do so. he knows some sweet loops and hes a crazy fast pedal spinner...cool guy to boot

D

DANSPANK

Yeah, I'm looking to get out on a few more of the group rides. I've not made many because it's a bit tough to make the early start times and I wanted to get a bit more fit too!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions