Rode six mile for the first time

lmckee

This past friday 743power and I decided to go see what all of the 6 mile hype was about. I have to say that it is a very fun trail system and that it was well maintained. One thing I liked was that the trails weren't over the top technical, that combined with the great flow of the trails allow for a very fast ride while still being technical enough to keep you interested and on your toes. The only downside that I noticed was that I had a hell of a time getting my tires to hook up on the sections of trail that were covered in that red rock. What kind of tires are you guys running back here, my Mythos weren't cutting it.

Wobbegong

This past friday 743power and I decided to go see what all of the 6 mile hype was about. I have to say that it is a very fun trail system and that it was well maintained. One thing I liked was that the trails weren't over the top technical, that combined with the great flow of the trails allow for a very fast ride while still being technical enough to keep you interested and on your toes. The only downside that I noticed was that I had a hell of a time getting my tires to hook up on the sections of trail that were covered in that red rock. What kind of tires are you guys running back here, my Mythos weren't cutting it.

When its really dry you'll get some tire drift.. Glad you liked the trails, did you ride both sides of the park?

lmckee

When its really dry you'll get some tire drift.. Glad you liked the trails, did you ride both sides of the park?

Yeah we definitely enjoyed ourselves, I want to get back here more so I can actually learn the trail system. I'm not sure about where exactly we rode. If I remember correctly we put in about 16.5 miles but that included us getting lost and hitting a summer camp of some sort, and then getting more lost and coming out in a retention pond behind some neighborhood.

Wobbegong

Yeah we definitely enjoyed ourselves, I want to get back here more so I can actually learn the trail system. I'm not sure about where exactly we rode. If I remember correctly we put in about 16.5 miles but that included us getting lost and hitting a summer camp of some sort, and then getting more lost and coming out in a retention pond behind some neighborhood.

Did you cross a road?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
you guys have some badass bikes, i dont know if my little ss can hang with you guys :p

lmckee

Do one of you guys ride a Christini?

Colin rides a stripped and polished Giant trance and I ride a bmc fourstroke. We ran into 2 guys at one point during our ride, other than that it seemed we had the whole place to ourselves. You'll be fine Pearl, I'm a fat guy. Anyone can keep up with a fat guy, hahahaha.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
i ran into about 10 eight year olds and a 3 adults from that summer camp around the corner...3 of the kids hit the dirt in a turn as i was watching them pass...told the kids i hit the dirt all the time no big deal...they were loving the ride...wanted to get a pic to show J and them but im already too much of a creep so i passed...they all had brain buckets on...

The Kalmyk

Red Shale is the rock your referring to and I have had a lot of luck with high volume tires and high thread count tires like the Racing Ralphs....

warcricket

Like a Jerk
i ran into about 10 eight year olds and a 3 adults from that summer camp around the corner...3 of the kids hit the dirt in a turn as i was watching them pass...told the kids i hit the dirt all the time no big deal...they were loving the ride...wanted to get a pic to show J and them but im already too much of a creep so i passed...they all had brain buckets on...

i always make bird noises at the oak crest kids cause one of them is my friends little brother. good times.

N

nx52cc

Thinking About Rideing 6 Mile Today Anyone Want To Join Maby Even A Night Ride To Test Out New Hid Lite

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
ditto on Luke's sentiments.

I gotta jump on a 6mile train one night with some locals.

My shop is in princeton junction so maybe I'll make it out after work one night.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions