Rockshock recon not locking out

Went for a ride last week and decided to check air in front and rear shock. Front was a bit low so I filled it up a few pumps. Now with lockout engaged it doesn’t fully lock out like it did prior to filling up. Not sure what happened or what to do. Anyone have suggestions ?

jklett

Has nothing to do with you adding air, the lockout is part of the damper. Should be fixed by having a damper service done.

Ok gotcha, it happened exactly after I added a few pumps of air so I figured it was that. Also noticed when I released air hose a mist of oil shot out the valve stem and that’s when it stopped working. It definitely stiffens up but not locking out like it did.

Karate Monkey

Recon (or any reasonable hydraulic fork) shouldn't lock out 100%. It's better to think of it as a firm-up mode. If you threw a bag of concrete on the handlebars, it would sink, just slowly.

That said, maintenance is necessary, especially over time. Refilling an RL damper is no more complicated than a lowers service, so any shop that does the latter, will do the former.

FastFreddy

The RockShox Revelation on my bike did the same thing after I let my bike sit upside down while I was working on it. It wouldn't lockout and also felt like it had very little dampening rebound or compression. I did absolutely nothing to it and it just started working again after a couple rides and has been working fine since so IDK. :shrug: Could be low oil (even slightly), a damper issue, or a seal issue that lets the oil move into the fork lowers from what I can remember when I first looked into it a while ago.

Top Bottom