Roaring Creek PA

Robin

Anyone ride here? Willing to share routes or suggestions? See trails on TF but would be nice to have idea on what to ride. Thanks!

teabagger11

Roaring creek is one of the best places in PA to ride most of the trail system is on top of the ridge there is about 20 mes of trail on the west side of Rt 42(arises side) the west side follows the ridge to the Natalie side the Natalie side can be confusing as they are adding trails all the time but as long as you stay on the ridge top you'll be OK
I have never seen a map of these trails i just go ride them if you root through my strave you can see the routes and I'm always glad to show anyone around there

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone have a proper route they can share.
Will be camping near knoebles, so while the teens are rolling coasters I hope to explore this park.

teabagger11

Like I said in another post it is a maze and unmarked except for big mountain trail which goes across the ridge top there is a wide dirt road that that bisected both sides of the maze of trails and most trails seem to loop back to that road
If you find yourself going downhill for an extended period you're probably head down either side of the ridgetop turn around and stay up top
When I go there from Natalie side lot I always start at the trail head on the left side of the lot if your facing the gate I do that side and part of big mountain trail then cross the road to the other side hope that helps
I dont have any connections to the folks who are building the trails
but a few of them are retired and ride there a lot good chance you'll run into someone who can show you around
Good luck

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Like I said in another post it is a maze and unmarked except for big mountain trail which goes across the ridge top there is a wide dirt road that that bisected both sides of the maze of trails and most trails seem to loop back to that road
If you find yourself going downhill for an extended period you're probably head down either side of the ridgetop turn around and stay up top
When I go there from Natalie side lot I always start at the trail head on the left side of the lot if your facing the gate I do that side and part of big mountain trail then cross the road to the other side hope that helps
I dont have any connections to the folks who are building the trails
but a few of them are retired and ride there a lot good chance you'll run into someone who can show you around
Good luck
Thanks again, I guess I should have asked but trail terrain flow or tech or a mixed bag. One would assume being that it starts on top many downhill runs? Enduro bro stuff?

teabagger11

No not really enduro just x country just a miasma of trails going everywhere
I'd blow off a day off work to show you around but its my overtime week I am off wed and thur tho

teabagger11

Feel like I need to blow off a day of work wife got a new better paying job I could technically take tomorrow off you know to help out a fellow mtbnjer

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Feel like I need to blow off a day of work wife got a new better paying job I could technically take tomorrow off you know to help out a fellow mtbnjer
I won't be hitting the trails until Tuesday with my lady. If your around that day, just to be warned I have 8 teens to deal with so time commitment of a start time will be flaky. My only responsibilities that day is to feed breakfast and dinner.

teabagger11

Well I'm out for tomorrow work is crazy right now with staffing issues and I don't want to screw the other supervisor on shift I'm off wed Thurs also

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well I'm out for tomorrow work is crazy right now with staffing issues and I don't want to screw the other supervisor on shift I'm off wed Thurs also
It's cool. We will just see what mapping does, found a random route to follow.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lol so I get to the park open TF and get the big dinosaur X. I did not download a map nor did I really research much. Just saw a route I plannedto follow not realizing no phone reception.
So we went blind without much success on top. What we did ride was fantastic. Place is big and easy to get lost so we just tooled around then drove down to the bottom and did another 10 miles with mix of gravel roads and sungletrack.

Definitely need to reevaluate with some guidance but seems very legit riding. Will try again.

Screenshot_20210803-185528_Photos.jpg

Top Bottom