Roadie Tips To Stay Alive...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
If you are going to try the early AM thing, this is the time of year to do it. We gain daylight in the AM until about June 14th, when it starts going the other way. At the peak, twilight will start around 4:45, which is when you can see on the road.

Starting at 5, I need lights again at the end of July.

TheGerd

Hoping the rider My wife and I saw down on JFK Blvd in Somerset is ok. He was on the ground and bike was underneath a pickup truck. He was getting to his feet as we went by but looks like he took a hard hit. We were going by just after this happened as there was no first aid or police at the scene. There is plenty of shoulder on this stretch of road too.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
With everything that’s been going in nyc with cyclists deaths, I don’t miss dealing commuting in the city. The comments on any related story is full of angry people blaming cyclists and that they don’t follow the rules. But honestly it’s everyone behaving badly, pedestrians jaywalking and not paying attention, cyclists running red lights and blocking the crosswalk, drivers blowing through lights and driving aggressively. I feel like the second anyone comes to New York they start behaving terribly. I’m up in Boston this week and most people use hand signals while riding, I can’t see that ever happening in nyc.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Out on a ride sunday morning I was behind a rider with one of those rear Garmin radar jawns... we were on quiet PA roads and it was picking up cars before I could hear them. He says it tells him what speed they are doing to so he knows if they are gonna be nice about passing or almost kill him.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This sucks. I was involved in a snowboarding collision. I faintly remember it and went on my way. I was in the hospital that night getting a cat scan. Brain swelling is a weird thing. Hopefully it was something like this and the cyclist comes forward. While horrible, it was accidental.

Top Bottom