Road Tubeless Lessons Learned

choop

So my friend just bought tubeless wheels and tires. During our ride last weekend he got a cut which sealed well enough to make it home. Now he says that it won't hold pressure. I have not gone tubeless on the road yet so I have no experience. Can you patch a tubeless tire or just trash it? The cut is about 1/16" long probably from sharp gravel. It's a Shwalbe.

Hutchinson makes a pretty good patch kit for tubeless tires called Rep'Air. Pull the tire clean the area on the inside of the tire real good and follow instructions in the kit.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
So my friend just bought tubeless wheels and tires. During our ride last weekend he got a cut which sealed well enough to make it home. Now he says that it won't hold pressure. I have not gone tubeless on the road yet so I have no experience. Can you patch a tubeless tire or just trash it? The cut is about 1/16" long probably from sharp gravel. It's a Shwalbe.
I use nickel size auto patches I get from imperialsupplies.com with the b5 blue cement. no issues on my couple repairs.

Ian F

I will just add some experience about the cleaning - pretty much plan on removing the tire in order to get the puncture area clean enough for the patch to adhere properly.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I will just add some experience about the cleaning - pretty much plan on removing the tire in order to get the puncture area clean enough for the patch to adhere properly.
Absolutely. I use acetone and alcohol to clean then scuff lightly, glue(let it dry completely), apply patch and roll it out with a patch roller.

Top Bottom