Road Trip!

R

rustywoodstone

So the lady and I are talking about taking another road trip up to the North East. Last trip we did Mt. Washington. The lady really enjoyed camping and hiking. She would like to do it again but I would like to mix it up...Soo what are some of your favorite places to camp in New England? I really need to come up with something cool to top the last trip.

Thanks for the help.

So the lady and I are talking about taking another road trip up to the North East. Last trip we did Mt. Washington. The lady really enjoyed camping and hiking. She would like to do it again but I would like to mix it up...Soo what are some of your favorite places to camp in New England? I really need to come up with something cool to top the last trip.

Thanks for the help.

I spent a week in the Killington area of VT a few summers back and loved it, rode the bike up and down the ski area everyday but one, when I went hiking on the Long Trail and swimming in a lake whose name escapes me at the moment.

Maine is also a great bet, try Acadia National Park and visit Bar Harbor for some great lobstah. Or go inland to Baxter and climb Mount Katahdin and take a picture next to the Appalachian Trail's northern terminus.

M

maryM

If you liked Mt. Washington you should consider the Adirondacks. Lake Placid and Saranac offer excelllent hiking, biking and canoeing. Not NE but a good choice. Baxter in ME would be my favorite destination. Acadia a close second. Acadia gets a bit crowded and its difficlt finding good sites this late in the season. If Bar Harbor is too congested try the campground on Isle Au Haut or better yet stay at the lighthouse b+b. You have to leave your car mainland and take the ferry but you will never see a crowd or a line at the clam shack.

Top Bottom