Road Ride, Wed

NickDavid

Riding again after work on Wed.

6pm, Tourne in Boonton, NJ. We rode last week for an hour. Nothing crazy, just some time to enjoy the weather and late afternoon before the sun went down.

If you're in, just post up.

So far:
Me
Jay
Friend LJ

NickDavid

Hoe Lee Sheet, it's nice out! Staring out the window in front of my desk, I now know what a caged animal feels like.

NickDavid

Nothing crazy, since its after work. We usually meet at 6:15pm, head out at 6:30. Ride is like 45 mins to an hour. Pace of 20mph, sometimes slower, sometimes faster. Either way, its just a fun ride with cool people. So far we have been meeting at tourne in boonton, but looking to switch it up.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just for clarity, your average for the ride is +/- 20 or you occasionally go that fast for some stretches? If it's the latter what is the usual average for the ride overall?

NickDavid

20ish on the flats, which usually cover the ride.

If you're looking for a race, this isn't your ride. This is more of a pleasure ride to help relieve the midweek work stress.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not looking for a race, just trying to get an idea of the overall pace. A 20 mph pace is above an A+ pace. So to post an A++ pace ride would be peculiar. Thus my question.

NickDavid

Dude, we just ride for fun. If you wanna slow down or speed up, we'll either accomodate or meet you at the end... Either way, it's just for fun.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ND, i think norm is just trying to guage your level of fitness. or something.

NickDavid

Sorry guys, I'm unfamiliar with what's a fast pace and what's not. Never raced and usually ride by myself, just in good shape.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I'm pretty sure the pace is much lower then 20mph. I don't have a cycle computer on my bike but it looks like we averaged 15-16mph considering the 1hr ride time and 16 mile distance.

I'll be riding as well.

-jay

Last edited:

Glancing Aft

If it's not storming like a mofo tomorrow I'll be down. You guys leaving from the lower parking lot at the tourne?
I'm usually about an 18mph pace, but I'll do my best to keep up, otherwise I'll see you at the finish.

NickDavid

I brought my bike. As long as it's not pouring, I'm in. Definitely check back for updates later. Praying the t-storms hold out!

A

Ant

Weather's not looking good but does anyone want to go for a Sunday morning ride?

Top Bottom