Road Ride, Sunday 9am, Halters area

THATmanMANNY

Due to trail conditions and really warm weather tomorrow... who in this general area of Halters (Franklin, Princeton, Boro, etc...) would like to join me on a base road ride of about 3 hrs Sunday 9am. Staying around the 16+ish mph. Probably start somewhere by my house and just go out and cruise and feel the route as we go :D and accidently do some high mileage. PEACE.

UPDATE
meet 9:30am, Colonial Park @ paddle boat/mini-golf lot

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

See update above
Ride will prob go along canal, to princeton, boro, sourlands, neshanic, ah who am I kidding... who the hell knows :D let's do this :getsome:

THATmanMANNY

We rode to the park to meet and after lots head wind, more rolling hills then I wanted, one clif, one gu, 2.25 bottles of water, saw a Jim V wannabe, ~6+ towns?, staring at slammin' hot runner in princetown :drooling:, and 64.5mi, I'm beat to sh!t and finally home :D

4h14m, 64.5mi, 15.24mph avg, 35mph max

It was a really good route with plenty of up and downs. Picked them on the fly. Wish I have GPS to show it but if I get time I'll try and google map it out. I was aiming for 50mi, but I f-ed up hehe

Boo? I texted your ass last night! :rolleyes:

ellbiddy

At midnight, just got home myself I managed to do 67.73 miles and was around your neck of the woods for a decent chunk. I passed beekman/suydam or something along those lines. Close to your casa. Next time I guess, was a great day to be out. I too am broken time to relax.

Edit: I need a new route, that vossler lane hill stings on a double.

THATmanMANNY

ONE SPEED BABY!
i will "fix" my bike next time but I'll prob puss out & flip it over at mile 1 :D
it's quite interesting to have the fixie guy blast past you at the bottom of the hill

ellbiddy

Well the idea is that they have no real option of stopping well. So all they can do is flail their legs so they don't get hurled off. Or skid by taking the weight off the rear wheel which lessens the braking power making it suck anyway. If you rock it brakeless be prepared to crash into something at some point.

Wobbegong

I wish I could have made it for this ride. I had a lot going on at home, I didn't get out on the bike and it was 50 degrees.... :mad:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
We rode to the park to meet and after lots head wind, more rolling hills then I wanted, one clif, one gu, 2.25 bottles of water, saw a Jim V wannabe, ~6+ towns?, staring at slammin' hot runner in princetown :drooling:, and 64.5mi, I'm beat to sh!t and finally home :D

which hill was a "clif", just curious so I can hit it up!

THATmanMANNY

Map of Ride

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?t=h&ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=109363739220071680084.000461f34fd1a5e2b5e57&ll=40.44956,-74.622574&spn=0.238791,0.471725&z=11
Having a GPS woulda been so much easier :eek:

which hill was a "clif", just curious so I can hit it up!
No crazy hills, but we rode a lot of rolling terrain throughout the whole ride.

I hit 41mph coming down Grandview yesterday.
For me, the 'cliff' is Zion Road starting from Amwell Rd.
:gulp: maybe when I get some gears. We chased someone down on the wed. route on Hollow. Hoping it was you, but it wasn't :rolleyes:

Top Bottom