• mtb helmet

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • road helmet

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • dark helmet

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

mwlikesbikes

i use a giro xen with the visor for both road & mtn. i don't see the problem with using a good mtb helmet on the road..... as long as you wave to the other riders. :p

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Giro pnuemo for me. Worked well whilst hitting a tree, endos, etc.

Curious, should a helmut be replaced after so many years? How many? Have replaced pads and wash straps so looks and seems to work fine.

May the Schwartz be with you.

i got a fox flux mtb helmut worked for me after a tree popped out in front of me...also went over the top a few times landed head first...buddy of mine rides a motor cycle and says those helmuts have to/should be replaced evertime you hit your head if you fall...says him and prob the D.O.T.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
does the visor on a mtn bike slow a rider down on the road by creating drag? is that why there are road helmets and mtn helmets?

In a more aggressive position, like on a road bike, or if you run a flat bat with your stem flipped upside down and no spacers on your MTB (somewhat like my setup) the visor blocks your vision, especially on downhills...This probrally only pertains to a few people, more racer types (you know those homos with the shaved legs and matching outfits you can't keep up with;)) So I do the opposite of cool, I rock a "Sweep R" on and off-road...I know, roadies, sheesh, you can beat me up next time you see me in the woods, of course you'll have to catch me first:D

-Jim.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I have a vell something or other for mtb and a giro modena or mugello or something for road. I'm not crazy about either, I'd like something that fit closer to the head and is narrower like an atmos, but can't justify that right now.

walter

Fourth Party
I wear a Bell Xray on all three of my bikes, roadie included. I also wear the same baggies and same camelbak on the road.

Nevermind my opinion.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Me being as cheap as I am use the same Bell on the road and the trail I did however get some "matchy-matchy's" for the road on a good discount so now I only were my baggies on the trail.
which don't much matter most real roadies blow by me anyway...

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I tried new helmets at my LBS yesterday.
Liked the Specialized S-works can for venting and style, dual density foam, carbon... but at $210 bucks???

My brain is definitely worth at least half that, but I'm not sure the helmet is.
Also not sure if my head was hurting from the price, the helmet or the crash...I'll have to try it again.

Would really prefer to buy at my LBS, but they only have Specialized and Giro... Lots of good votes on Bell, who carries them?

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
tried on at kmart for size bought from nashbar.
kmart only had last years Bell models but I got the size thing right then ordered it form nashbar...

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
i rock a zen on the road and damn proud of it....

So anti-roadie of you. No wonder they hate us!

Would really prefer to buy at my LBS, but they only have Specialized and Giro... Lots of good votes on Bell, who carries them?

Campmor carries Bell.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So anti-roadie of you. No wonder they hate us!
QUOTE]

The matchy-matchies would have loved me today; baggies, mountain jersey, full finger gloves, xen helmet, road pedals and shoes. Blew by a guy in a discovery jersey in rocky hill but he must have been resting for a bit. Did get waves from two other matchies, maybe they aren't soo bad :hmmm:

Top Bottom