Ritchey Breakaway Cross/Gravel 52cm - Travel Road/Cross/Gravel Bike $old

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ritchey Breakaway. Cyclocross version. $old

This is a bike that comes apart via couplings, not folding. Completely normal bike typically but can come apart. Fits in a luggage bag (that it comes with) setup to fit the bike including fork/wheels/etc. Padding & extra downtube clamp included.

I've been traveling with the mountain bike destinations instead lately, trying to have less bikes so putting this for sale. Once it's sold I'll immediately regret it and be flying somewhere where I can use it.

Build:
Standard steel frame with Carbon fork.
Ritchey headset.
Velocity A23 rims on BHS hubs w/ Sapim Laser spokes. 24/28. 23c road tires but fits cross/gravel tires no issue.
Shimano 105, 10 speed
Mini-V brakes

A review of the bike that shows how it gets packed: https://www.gravelcyclist.com/bicycle-tech/ritchey-breakaway-cross-bike-review-part-one/

Located in Morristown.Ritchey1.jpgRitchey2.jpgRitchey3.jpgRitchey4.jpgRitchey5.jpgRitchey6.jpgRitchey7.jpg

Last edited:

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Damn, break away bikes are expensive. Would be nice to bring to Cali though.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yes yes yes... the bike is awesome... now someone buy it so we can make room for a new bike for me

P Dubya

Have been looking for one of these. When you say 52cm, are you referring to Top Tube? i.e., is this the XS in the geometry chart?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
See the below chart. I'm not sure what's changed or hasn't changed but this is the chart for my specific bike from when I bought it. Maybe they changed the geometry but as far as I know they didn't change the frames throughout the years just the paint jobs.

If anything it's closest to what their current "small" is. I'm 5'7" and would say I'm at the high end of it's height range. I never felt it was small but I also set it up for my comfort. I do have a ton of stem spacers so I'm probably a little too tall for it...

P Dubya

Thanks for that chart,

Ritchey have moved to 5 sizes instead of 6 now (what year is your frameset?)

So your 52cm is actually a good fit for me (I am 173cm , which is about 5'7" in US Dollars).

So I am interested.

Top Bottom