riser bars and bar ends?

THATmanMANNY

Does having bar ends on riser bars make any sense? Does anyone roll like that?

I have XC bar and want some ergons with the bar ends (I'm fed up keep loosing my bar caps) but I also have a riser bar looking to test out but don't know if I should put ergons/bar ends on them since risers are suppose to be better ergo already....

antgold

after I almost crashed today when my raiser bar caught a tendril at 6 miles I cannot recommend using them here...
for me raiserbar are useful during long climbs on fire roads which I'm not sure there are plenty of those in NJ .

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

after I almost crashed today when my raiser bar caught a tendril at 6 miles I cannot recommend using them here...
for me raiserbar are useful during long climbs on fire roads which I'm not sure there are plenty of those in NJ .

typos? I'm confused? Are you talking about the bar ends or riser bars or both?

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I have ergons on my bikes and I love them. I also have bar ends because I use them on climbs so I can shift my weight forward a little further. I also pull up on the handle bar when I'm cranking down so the change in hand position helps me with that. I have them because they help me ride better. I don't care much about how it looks. I don't concern myself with whether or not it looks goofy. It's not a fashion show in my opinioin. If you need them, get them. Those who judge aren't the ones you need to be concerned with.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Manny,

As un-official head of the bike fashion police, I will kick your ass the next time I see you if you put bar-ends on riser bars:D

If you need to get lower while climbing, bend your elbows, ta-da!! You're lower!! And you won't get made fun of by all your freinds, it's already bad enough you don't ride a 29er;)

-Jim.

antgold

here you may have benefit of having bar ends ....

Attachments

• P4230179.JPG
    P4230179.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 127

ItsWin

Hey Bro, I don't see any reason why not. My wife runs shorties on her bike and they look fine and work fine (I'm old school - I still prefer flat bars).

THATmanMANNY

Manny,

As un-official head of the bike fashion police, I will kick your ass the next time I see you if you put bar-ends on riser bars:D

If you need to get lower while climbing, bend your elbows, ta-da!! You're lower!! And you won't get made fun of by all your freinds, it's already bad enough you don't ride a 29er;)

-Jim.

:rofl:

Too bad Jim doesn't know I ride a Mary SS hehe..... but only at 6Mile.

Last edited:

RNG1

Flat bars with a good amount of sweep and some ergons w/ bar ends. Thats how you do it.

Agree, just ask Ned. Besides it being really weird (and pretty useless) a lot of bar ends in the description state not compatable with riser bars. I thought that it had something to do with the thickness of the bar tubing but maybe they just didn't want anyone to think of doing something so silly.:p

dualfisted

pull ovah, pull ovah!!!!

Manny,

-Jim.

Being 6'6", I run riser bars, it's just more comfy for me, sure I could go steeper stem, but the riser bars seem just fine thank u. I ALSO run bar ends, not to account for some body position issue, but for climbing. I rarely use the bar ends on long fire road climbs and such even tho they are good for a change in hand position. I use them on the short steep climbs, when I have to stand and hammer, it puts more downward pressure to the pedals, and more importantly, pulling up on them drives your back wheel into the ground for better traction. That's where your key performance improvement is gained with bar ends. U don't like or need bar ends, don't run em. U need em, u go get em. PS- I aint scared of u facist fashion police. I will not conform, EVER.
Important note, some riser bars are not designed to be run with bar ends and the extra torque may snap them ie catastrophic failure. Also, watch out for any vines, not cool when one side of your bars stands still while u and the rest of your bike continue down the trail, no fun.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Does having bar ends on riser bars make any sense? Does anyone roll like that?

I have XC bar and want some ergons with the bar ends (I'm fed up keep loosing my bar caps) but I also have a riser bar looking to test out but don't know if I should put ergons/bar ends on them since risers are suppose to be better ergo already....

I have a riser bar with Singletrack Solutions barends on them. They are very short, but provide me with the extra hand position I need during hard steep climbs. Oh yeah -- they are light and very inexpensive, too.

I don't use them on my SS, though, only my geared bikes.

phattire1_2018_14737624

Top Bottom