Rip 9 in North NJ

walter

Fourth Party
Anybody ever ride a Niner Rip 9 on rocky, rooty NJ single track? Some dude is selling one on the marketplace. I’m really afraid of being scammed. Probably hard to believe, but I have been ripped off several times now. Would I be able to tell the condition of the fork by looking at it and riding it?

That dude happens to be a highly reputable shop owner on this very site. Stop in, take it for a ride.

When you see someones screen name and its a high lighted color, it means one of the following:

dark blue-MTBNJ race team members
yellow-shop owners/workers
green-moderators
maroon-Jorba/TM personnel
red/pink-the great trio that runs this joint

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
blurwitchboy is either a second identity or a lurker who can't stay lurking anymore. Take it for what it's worth.

The Kalmyk

Anybody ever ride a Niner Rip 9 on rocky, rooty NJ single track? Some dude is selling one on the marketplace. I’m really afraid of being scammed. Probably hard to believe, but I have been ripped off several times now. Would I be able to tell the condition of the fork by looking at it and riding it?

I have...First things first is that the RIP 9 might be ONE of the best climbing bikes out there right now...Scammed hahahahah....I rode that exact bike my man and the dude selling it will not scam you...It will treat North Jersey rocks like sand dust

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I have ridden this bike, it is made for North Jerz rocks. The fork is awesome, super butter smooth. The fork was actually my fav part of the bike.

walter

Fourth Party
jdog is the last person you have to be worried about scamming you, trust us!

I will also go out and say that most of the folks here know each other or know someone who knows someone, etc. All you gotta do is ask.

C.Puncher

Dude....I did at least three laps at the Allamuchy 24 on her........I'm about 200lbs....and she stole my heart.. Ate up all the trail dished out.....smoothe....Climbed surely, not too heavy.....great bike man.........treat her right

ArmyOfNone

You might want to do a bit of research before you start to make comments on this "some dude", he is one of the most respected guys in the business.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
FWIW, this poster has bowed out of the message board so no need to continue this dog & pony show.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You think it was someone putting out feelers or just stirring the soup as you say earlier...

Well he claims he was a long-time lurker before he posted.

He initially had a footer which mocked the "keep pedaling *****" signature. I changed it.

His first post was a soft flame of TommyJay's post about Allamuchy. I deleted that and told him to take it easy.

This post was him kinda ragging on Jay. If he really was a long-time lurker, he would know who Jay is.

Add it all up and I don't buy it.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I would go with lurker, not double identity. His IP addresses did not match any other users but "Guest", unless he was hiding behind some reverse IP router or similar masking device. FWIW, not everyone is a believer. I usually ask people if they are board members when I meet them on the trail, and it is about 50/50, I got "independent schlub" as a response the other night :rofl:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would go with lurker, not double identity. His IP addresses did not match any other users but "Guest", unless he was hiding behind some reverse IP router or similar masking device. FWIW, not everyone is a believer. I usually ask people if they are board members when I meet them on the trail, and it is about 50/50, I got "independent schlub" as a response the other night :rofl:

I got the impression that he wasn't an Internet newbie, just by the fact he was heads up enough to have picked up the "keep pedaling *****" sig, plus his ability to create a sig with BB code is also a tipoff. There's a possibility it's a work/home thing. I have 3 different IP addresses I can connect with, between home, and work PCs in NY and Chicago.

It would be an easy out to stop the double identity too, because he may have found it tough to swing posting at work so he bowed out ASAP.

I thought it was RyderX screwing around at first :)

Top Bottom