Rinwood ride today?

T

turbodude880

Anyone up for a afternoon ride today I think the ground is frozen enough to hammer?

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I'm near Skyline. We have a thin crust of ice over what has now compressed to 4-5 inches of snow. It's thin enough that my puppy breaks through it. I would expect that Ringwood is much the same.

If someone has been out on the trails to mash it down, it might be fine.
If not, maybe you could march around and pad it down and let us know when it's ready so we can come play.;)

T

turbodude880

Rinwood- then Hartshorn or Allair

There is a ATV track that can be followed from the school
I will get out to Hartshorn or Allair tomorrow 1pm I just got the word that there is no snow there. Who wants in on the cold freeze?

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
p_00421.JPG

jontotman

Did anyone ride in Ringwood today? Is it still covered up with snow like the picture above? I was planning on riding Ringwood yesterday morning but when I checked on the board I saw jkmacman posted ringwood trail photo, I decided to go back to bed:(. I was thingking of just hitting all the fire road in ringwood either tomorrow or Monday just to get my mileage. I would appreciate any Ringwood trail condition report as of today. Thanks!:)

NJMX835

I'm interested to hear if anything up here is rideable also, if I don't hear anything by tomorrow I may go see how Ringwood is myself.

I rode there in some slushy crap around this time last year, it wasn't that much fun but it was a workout....

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
With that much white stuff on the ground (granted, that shot's from nearly a week ago) and 60 degree temps and showers predicted for tomorrow, maybe by mid to late week, if we get no further rain, RW will be ridable.

If you just want to noodle along on the fireroads however you can't do much harm, I'd say go ahead.

I've ridden parts of the racecourse when they were snow covered in the past and it wasn't much fun.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Just got back in town, so if anyone heads up to Ringwood, please post up conditions.

The earliest I can get up there is Tuesday. I am assuming it is mushy, inwhich case, I will hit the road:(.

S

Shaloe5847

Just got back from Skyline. Not to bad. Some parts are a bit slushy but I still got a good ride in

NJMX835

I rode JH today (which is not far from Ringwood), 95% good conditions with just a bit of mud in spots.

Planning on doing Ringwood tomorrow :)

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I heard a similar report for Ringwood. I am headed up tomorrow morning to Ringwood to check it out.

Tionegear

Pixy please let us know how the conditions are. We are thinking of getting out later this afternoon. Thanks for scouting it out.

de00304

Ringwood today

I rode Ringwood today from lot C - new trails to race course to Piersons and back via Schoolhouse. All in all in pretty good shape. 98% snow free and mostly solid, with only a couple small sections of softer trail that were easily walked to avoid damage.

I came across two big trees blocking the trail that will need a chainsaw to clear - first was at the bottom of the race course single track right before it comes into the fire road by Shepard's lake. The other was up on Piersons about a half mile from the turnoff off the fireroad climb.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7354543

Top Bottom