Ringwood\West Milford conditions?

NJMX835

Anyone know what the Skyline\Ringwood or Jungle Habitat conditions are like?

Wawayanda is a sheet of ice, I was wondering if it was any different over there.

I know this belongs in the other forum, but there haven't been any posts in the Ringwood forum since November, so I figured I'd be more likely to get a response here.

Thanks in advance. :)

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
My bud tried to ride at RW on Wednesday and it was a muddy, slushy block of ice. Can't see it being much better now.

J

JD!

What is the best way to get up there from Northern Bergen County?

Thanks

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Take GSP north and merge with NY 87 towards Tappan Zee Bridge. Cross TZB and stay slightly left on Rt 287 then in only about 2 miles take Sprain Brook Parkway exit. Take the Sprain Brook south for about 5 miles and get off at the Jackson Avenue exit. Make right at the end of ramp and the park is about 1/4 down on the left. There is huge brown signage. Follow the park road in a counter clockwise direction to "pool parking" , find a spot closest to where you just came in and the trailhead will be on your left, probably very close, at about 11:00.

It's a small but pretty techy, great place to ride.

My avatar pic is from Sprain; there's scads of nice rollers...

Last edited:

NJMX835

I keep hearing good thing about Sprain recently, I'm going to have to try to make it over there this week while the weather is warm.

I can't believe it is going to be 60 degrees on Tuesday :D

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Sprain is really nice. I haven't been back just because it is not big enough to put a lot of miles without doubling back, but if it was closer I would probably visit it more often. You should definitely check it out at some point.

NJMX835

I've got to get over there, that & Blue Mountain.

Blue Mountain has been on the 'to do' list for far too long.

I'm stuck in a Skyline, Ringwood, Wawayanda, Jungle Habitat rut, lol

steverod23

Wawayanda 1/6

I rode Wawayanda at 11:30 today. Still mostly ice and slush. It might have been a better ride if I had studs.

Since the next few days are supposed to be in the 50s, I bet the local stuff will be more riding and less hiking.

Steve

NJMX835

Hopefully by the end of the week Wawayanda might be ridable, especially if it gets colder and the ground refreezes which will fix any potential mud issues.

I have found that the singletrack doesn't get too muddy there, but the fire roads can be almost impassable with enough rain or melting snow, you can sink in halfway up your wheels.

I'm working from home on Wednesday, if it isn't raining I'm going to try venturing out, so I'll give a report then.

Top Bottom