Ringwood -The Early Edition...11/30 Lot C 8am

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Cyclopath with the Drillmaster and the General invite you back to RW for some early morning fun! Come out and join this merry bunch of roving fools as we continue the Sunday am No-Drop Beginner/Intermediate with lazy Experts on the side rides...

We'll roll out promptly at 8am and be back in the lot by 10am so you can head home or go back and play some more. We're even guaranteed to run into the Vitamin MTBNJ ride at some point.

Heads up: we've been finding the gates locked for lot C at 8am, forcing us to park in B. If you don't see us in one lot, check the other.

PM me for any questions or contact #'s.

dualfisted

whaddup wit dat???

Why split up the love? Join us an hour later @ the ryerson lot for the vitamin mtbnj ride. I'm sure it's got to do with being home earlier for family obligations, jus throwin it out there.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I hear ya.
And seriously, I did consider canceling our regular ride in consideration of the mtbnj ride, but it would have left a bunch of us with no ride since one of my co-leaders and several of our riders also have time constraints.

I have two guitar students scheduled back to back right after the ride and if I waited till 9, I'd barely get out there before I had to ride back(No complaints though, getting to share a love of bikes and of music all before lunch is pretty cool, I think.).

So, we'll hook up and merge to offer our regulars a longer ride. Better yet, how about you come out early with us... we'll get you warmed up and ready then drop you off for the 9am ride!

Last edited:

dualfisted

ooooooooohhhhhh!!!!!

Getting out there an hour earlier, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Now that's something I will really consider!!!!!!!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
8am it was snowing lightly with the trails crazy fast and solid. Good lines were easy to see on the snow dusted singletrack. Then came the rock gardens that were slippery, slick and hairy and even a bit scary:scared:. Leaves and wet are one thing but icy and snow covered are a different kind of challenge. Even so, nobody crashed... not even me. What's up with that?

All in all it was a ton of fun and well worth the ride out there.
Kudos to all you not-so-faint-of-heart for coming out in some not so promising conditions.

'Til next week!

liong71er

hello,. cyclopath!;)

it must hve been an awesome rides you did with all of your gang today, too bad i can't taste the snow flakes(rides),...as im gonna plan for my tomorrow's ride to chimney rock.

maybe next week then!

Last edited:

Robson

There was only three of us but we did have fun ride!

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 117

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
There was only three of us but we did have fun ride!

No, there were actually five to start, just three at the end...
Remember the guys we dropped off the front fairly early on?
Those were the experts that opted not to be lazy in favor of not getting soaked. Besides, Matt pulled my butt for a good portion of our road ride yesterday and helped me match my highest avg all year. So, I'd have hated to be an anchor for him today.

Liong! You crazy biking man... where were you?
Scared of a little snow?

Still going to Chimney Rock if it rains?

liong71er

:D...snow?what snow!!you're so funny,...cyclopath!

i'm like a postman you know!(neither rain,nor snow,or heat and sleet won't stoping from riding)

i just coming back riding(an hour ago) fr chimney rock and no rain(lucky me)
i'm gonna post some pics tomorrow.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Encore!!! Encore!!!

Dec 7, Same time, same place, same pace!
Beginner/intermediate with lazy experts on the side, no-drop.
Last week scared a bunch of folks away with the few snowflakes
but the hardcore rode on and had a funtabulous time.
We ride again 8am lot C. We'll have you back in the lot by 10:15 wanting to go back for more.

Ladies, welcome and encouraged to attend.
STELLA!!! Where ya been?

PM me for contact #'s
Or call the shop, Pedal Sports in Oakland 201-337-9380

liong71er

thank you note to cyclopath.

i've never meet such a generous,funny and kind like cyclopath:)she not only give me a ride home she also give me a toe warmer pack(no charge)trully a wonderfull person she is.thank you cyclopath....

forget to mention, she also show me how to get to cannonball trails too.
it's a fun rides we did today and have a chance to meet my new friend(jontotman)

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
i've never meet such a generous,funny and kind like cyclopath:)she not only give me a ride home she also give me a toe warmer pack(no charge)trully a wonderfull person...

Don't get me wrong, Liong, it had nothing to do with generosity.
It had everything to do with me not wanting to hear you whine about cold feet for the next two hours;).

Actually, I'm amazed how well my feet put up with being in summer shoes, wet from the first 10 minutes out with only the Gators as socks and no toe warmers(No, my crazy Asian friend, I didn't intend to use them so don't feel guilty). Granted, I didn't ride for two hours to get to the ride on this balmy 27 degree morning, but I can't really complain.

It was a ton of fun riding with you all as I found new ways to get personal with the terrain at RW and to answer the age old question on the differences between frozen ground and rocks. Rocks are softer when you land on them and frozen tire ruts, be they from bike or vehicle, can be more treacherous than any off camber root.

Let's not forget the image of the day... Cyclopath and The General doing a little synchronized 'slip and slam' on that patch of ice. It confirmed the best line in that instance was... neither. :p

Why is there never a camera when you really need it?

Till next time...

jontotman

Thanks for the ride again today Cyclopath. We made more stops and chit chat more than we pedal today but it's all good and fun. :D

Here's what we did today. http://www.trailguru.com/wiki/index.php/Track:2XBN?units=imperial

As a whole group we probably did the first 6.5 miles and Robson and I did additional 3.5 miles.

Btw I finally got to ride with Liong71er, Liong whenever I have time on some Mondays I'll PM you maybe we can ride together.

Last edited:
Top Bottom