Ringwood, Sunday 9 Am

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Well, I'll be damned!! this super moderators have some very nifty tricks.

About the trail.

I like it a lot. It is all single track and it throws everything at you: rock gardens, logs, rock rolls/launches, man-made bridges (5 or 6), twisty turns and some climbing. You can do in either direction, but I always prefer COUNTERCLOCKWISE, which feels more challenging for me. You can pick up nice speed on the downhill parts and in all honestly (smart-ass aside), I do really believe it flows great. Granted, it is a loop that no matter how you start it it takes you out to the same fire road which leaves you 2 alternatives: a nasty climb out via the fire road or a not-so nasty climb thru single track that is very challenging. (both options are Do-able, but some people are not very thrilled about climbing). I always try to incorporate that trail into my loop when I ride Ringwood. And it is probably better if your legs are somewhat "fresh", but if it is not that trail that will give you pain then later on it might be the next one.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm thinking of doing that loop next weekend. Plenty of time to discuss this next week. For now good luck with the DH race, I'm bailing on it. The trails sounds good to me and it's really not that far away. Where do you generally park?

ArmyOfNone

I'm thinking of doing that loop next weekend. Plenty of time to discuss this next week. For now good luck with the DH race, I'm bailing on it. The trails sounds good to me and it's really not that far away. Where do you generally park?

Norm! Again! :getsome: *tear*

There has to be something the mayor can do.

Top Bottom