Ringwood, Sunday 9 Am

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Damn wish I could have made it. I'll have to give that loop a shot with the GPS download one of these days. Thanks for the link.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
nice loop! wow...

i should have that kind of time to ride in, oh, four or five years.

BiknBen

Since Pedros, I've been itching to get back in the woods. All that conversation really stirred my memories. I've been spending too much time on skinny tires lately.

Looks like a nice loop you did there in Ringwood. I'll get in on one of these rides soon.

Ben

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
First half was horrible,but once we got in the "real rocks" i was much happier.I thought 5,6,7 bridges was gay,why does everyone like these no flow trails that go nowhere??Anyway the middle part was worth it and CEM is a pretty damn good sherpa(thanks again,my man).Can't wait to go back w/ Norm..........................

Glancing Aft

First half was horrible,but once we got in the "real rocks" i was much happier.I thought 5,6,7 bridges was gay,why does everyone like these no flow trails that go nowhere??Anyway the middle part was worth it and CEM is a pretty damn good sherpa(thanks again,my man).Can't wait to go back w/ Norm..........................

Do a couple of laps on it and you'll learn how to get a good flow on it. It's also a very direction dependent trail. Clockwise is definitely my preferred route.

cem

thanks

Ben

Ever since Bill and I went with you on that epic a few years back. It really open my eyes to what that place has to offer. Since then i've been trying to figure Ringwood/Ramapo out. Now that I have a GPS it's made a big difference in the ability to explore more stuff and get to the car, before night fall.

Chris

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

One of these days.

Ben

Ever since Bill and I went with you on that epic a few years back. It really open my eyes to what that place has to offer. Since then i've been trying to figure Ringwood/Ramapo out. Now that I have a GPS it's made a big difference in the ability to explore more stuff and get to the car, before night fall.

Chris

The GPS is really handy, gotta agree.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh

It flows pretty good for me!
If this trail is GAY, then I love all the GAY trails
"Not that there is anything wrong with it"

ArmyOfNone

I think the timing of when we got on six/five/twelve...however many bridges trail had a bunch to do with it. Descending back to the lot to then have climb back up to it hurt. I thought there were a few sections lacking some flow, but i was also lacking energy.

Regardless it was a hell of a day! :D :D :D

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Timing schmimeing.........the whole thing is just wound around to get to bridges and those launch rocks.When something is built to an obstacle exclusivley it always feels choppy overall.This was a major prob for me at Diablo due to the lack of any dirt on the forest floor and the impassable rock fields, yet you had to get to a certain "thing" for the patrons to ride on.I also hate being able to see a rider thats 200yds ahead of me............

cem

me like

i have to say i like the multi-bridge trail. I like fact that it winds it way to a feature or obstacle then off to something else. Almost feels like a snowboard park or skatepark. The other plus for me is that you are on actually on dirt, not rocks, rubble or gravel, but good old fashion dirt.

Not sure if the multi-bridge trail is better at the beginning or the end of a long ride, guess we can figure that out next time...

J-Dro

Not sure if the multi-bridge trail is better at the beginning or the end of a long ride, guess we can figure that out next time...

I've only been on the #? Bridge Trail at the beginning of a ride when I'm fresh and I can tell you its all smiles for me.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I usually do it counter-clockwise, which I think it is a little bit harder, but I always enjoy doing the trail in either direction.

hardtale70

Shop Keep
CEM has answered it for me! I've always wondered why some people just love a trail that i can't stand.It's that "park" feel.If i want that I go DJ or to Diablo and go whole hog.When that parky stuff gets mixed in w/ my xc it just feels wrong on so many levels.....................and Fred,all the trails are already built why build more?

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
CEM has answered it for me! I've always wondered why some people just love a trail that i can't stand.It's that "park" feel.If i want that I go DJ or to Diablo and go whole hog.When that parky stuff gets mixed in w/ my xc it just feels wrong on so many levels.....................and Fred,all the trails are already built why build more?

PREFERENCE.

In my case I've always wonder the opposite, why people love trails without rocks, roots, logs or drops? It is all about preference. That is why I seldom go to LewMo or KSVP or Deer Park or many others.....but I know a lot of people here can't get enough of them, which is fine with me.

That means the rocky places stay less crowded :D :;)

hardtale70

Shop Keep
I'm not cranky at all,I'm just always into the psychology of it all.Why some people think a trail is great and others hate it,while we all partake in the same sport......................

Top Bottom