Ringwood State Park Conditions

My boss cancelled a con-call and it was nice and cold so I figured Ringwood was worth a shot. Its a giant ice-slick. The fire roads are pretty ride-able if you can stay on the snow covered sections. Single track was really tough especially something like R-R where you still have varying amounts of snow and frozen footprints from hikers. It was frozen solid so you could actually float on the crust if you could find some "virgin" crust. Coming downhill I really had to watch the speed - even still, I wiped out twice. I did get 10+ miles in a couple hours. And it sure beat work!!!

No way, I went and scouted out Ramapo which is connected to ringwood on my fat bike, to explore the roads and gasline doubletrack. It's still 1/4 covered in unrideable snow, and massive sections of mud/water. The mud is really really soft and hikers are really putting a hurt on the trails there. Actually the dogs seem to be doing it the worst. Huge footprints filling in with water.

I agree with Luke. I poked my head in on top of Skyline by foot yesterday and was disappointed to see so much snow on the north facing. Still got ice on the roads too. I am hoping there is melting in the next few days when it warms up. I am guessing that this weekend could be wet in RW.

Once everything is melted, it should dry in 3 warm dry days. Wawayanda is 1-2 weeks behind RW. :(

I have been to top of Skyline and Ringwood this week to check out conditions. Top of Skyline was surprisingly dry and clear of most snow. Ringwood on the other hand was a mixed bag of dry sections, soft sections, deep mud, snow up to 8 inches deep and ice. With rain in the forecast for this weekend, RW probably is not a good bet unless you plan to ride millie whites gravel road.

No more snow at Ringwood! Peepers singing and 80% of trails dry today, but the usual wet spots were really wet. Please try to avoid the soft trails when possible.

Does anyone know if the pipeline area is rideable? The last time I tried to pass through it was a major pain in the ass.

Pipeline has not changed much in the past 3 months, but but we are currently working on that. Crossings should all be cleaned up over the next month. However, the wood tread way will remain in place until at least fall due to maintenance.

I didn't find it too bad last year. You had to walk like 10 feet at a couple of crossings but nothing major.

Anybody know if Ringwood would be rideable today? Would it probably be damaging to the trails with all of the rain that we've gotten?

Rode today. Sky lands white and some misc stuff. Re route awesome trails in good shape. Where it was wet it was like peanut butter but not to many places

Looking for a good loop out of Lot C. Can anyone let me know if the mapped loop image (green out, purple in) will just get me lost or is do-able as a rookie to the park? I'm looking for about 1.5 - 2 hours on the bike. I'm about average as a rider and typically get around Jungle Habitat on the intermediate trails.

map-ringwood-south-loop.jpg

Looking for a good loop out of Lot C. Can anyone let me know if the mapped loop image (green out, purple in) will just get me lost or is do-able as a rookie to the park? I'm looking for about 1.5 - 2 hours on the bike. I'm about average as a rider and typically get around Jungle Habitat on the intermediate trails.

map-ringwood-south-loop.jpg

I've been having this issue. I park at the school but most of the loops I do are about 4-5mi and only an hr. If I were to go for another 4mi I wouldn't want to climb again. But I think that is RW. Looking forward to responses, as I too am looking for a good 8mi loop.

Def willing to stumble around the park with you though. Pm me if interested.

Last edited:
School>Red trail>Double S>6 bridges>Cats Nest>Up Ice Pond Rd>Weyble>down new White>Warm Puppy>down Red to school. About 8.5miles and mostly singletrack.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions