Ringwood State Park Conditions

Kaleidopete

36004_1_resized.jpg

scott62

It is my understanding the all fast riders are supposed to wear deer costumes while in the woods ….. thankfully I am really slow;)

Oey12

Good morning,

I was going to take a hike tomorrow at Ringwood and I was wondering what the recommended bike loop is for an experienced but new to the park rider? Unfortunately I cannot ride for another month or so…. But my goal is to get a small taste of the place

Here is what I was looking at.
745CB51F-6406-43F9-8CD1-0D33D40D284F.png

Thoughts or comments?

At where is it recommended that I park?

Thanks!

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Hiked up Warm Puppy yesterday with my warm puppy (😊) and my son. Conditions were spectacular. We cleaned up the main line coming off the top of the rock slab. It now leads you directly to a small hip jump off a perfectly angled rock on the trial. The old tech line is to the right of the tree and of course there's the easier main trail that stays below the slab.

Warm Puppy Lines.jpg

Last edited:

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Cleaned up the Ringwood/Ramapo (red) trail starting from High Mountain Brook to the top of the switchbacks. It’s now more visible but lots of leaves are still down so ride carefully.

Cleared a tree that was down halfway up the trail. The big tree at the top was too much to tackle with my Silky. That one needs a chainsaw @pixychick.

2287D5AC-A292-4D5D-9350-D3C58AD92DFF.jpeg

D7DCF278-37E8-47DC-B43E-338A36BE9488.jpeg

Attachments

• 5FC500C6-7456-4B4B-9488-91A2A16DFEC1.jpeg
    5FC500C6-7456-4B4B-9488-91A2A16DFEC1.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 63

Zack 54

Question…. Does anyone why these logs are placed at the entrance of the jump/drop line on Skylands? This photo was at the trail entrance to the rock roll just below the jump line….
AEC124C9-F622-4CAF-B7C2-918D064A5A60.jpeg

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Someone is leaf blowing parts of the White crossover, please don't do that
Wasn’t me. And to be clear, when I leaf blow a trail it's only the top layer so as to make the trail somewhat visible. I don't try to remove all the leaf cover.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Two trees down on Pierson's Ridge, closer to the north side. One is really big, like I don't think I could wrap my arms around it's trunk.

@pixychick

serviceguy

Two trees down on Pierson's Ridge, closer to the north side. One is really big, like I don't think I could wrap my arms around it's trunk.

@pixychick
Where on the map? Not sure if it can be dealt with if it's on a fire road, I guess in that case it would be covered by the SlashWood Permit...
PiersonRidge.JPG

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions