Ringwood State Park Conditions

serviceguy

One tree down on Race Trail; Lower Section between the sand pit and the long rock garden. Big; probably need gas saw. Looks too big for electric saw. Not sure if many people use that section these days. I had not been there in moons before today. Sorry for the lack of photos; I forgot my phone.
Uhm, not sure what the sand pit is. Can you point it out on map? Thank you

I see, sand pit being the new section on the other side of Millie White...is this just climbing up from Millie White on Race Trail?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Art took care of first mentioned tree. The tree above the sandpit is passable by bike and has a leaner. Trail may be on map as Blueberry. Also the road leading up to that is in pretty bad shape erosion wise. We most likely will put a warning/recommended closure for festival. That area is on our list for future repairs. The drought has blown out many road/trails in that area.

onetracker

Art took care of first mentioned tree. The tree above the sandpit is passable by bike and has a leaner. Trail may be on map as Blueberry. Also the road leading up to that is in pretty bad shape erosion wise. We most likely will put a warning/recommended closure for festival. That area is on our list for future repairs. The drought has blown out many road/trails in that area.
That is correct, I forgot that some folks call that Blueberry. I agree that the road leading up to that section is pretty blown out. Probably best for Fest attendees to avoid that area as you indicated. In fact, I usually avoid that area myself due to the access not being super fun but was curious.

serviceguy

That is correct, I forgot that some folks call that Blueberry. I agree that the road leading up to that section is pretty blown out. Probably best for Fest attendees to avoid that area as you indicated. In fact, I usually avoid that area myself due to the access not being super fun but was curious.
That road has been dilapidated for a while, I'm sure that recent precipitation did not make it any better. Last year it was part of the RGMTB ride, not sure what he's planning this year...Ironically I liked to bomb down BB on the big bike because of the roughness.

onetracker

That road has been dilapidated for a while, I'm sure that recent precipitation did not make it any better. Last year it was part of the RGMTB ride, not sure what he's planning this year...Ironically I liked to bomb down BB on the big bike because of the roughness.
The trail is fine, it is the road on either side of the Sand Pit that has seen better days. That area sees a bunch of moto and quad traffic which also churns things up.

serviceguy

FYI Ringwood deer season starts tomorrow. Gun. Everyday but Sunday.
This post made me look into hunting at RSP and wow...

According to hunters mountainbikers destroyed the trails in the park and are worse than hikers and ATVs (and of course this came from someone that 'still' rides an ATV, mind you it's been illegal to ride one in the park forever now). That was very interesting to read because I don't believe I've ever seen any hunter doing trail maintenance and yet they move around using the same trails.

Also, it appears we're a horde of loud screaming individuals that should be charged to ride on public land. Personally I've never seen a hunter in Ringwood and wouldn't be please if I ran into a screaming mountinbiker myself, but I guess it's all about the usual 'Us' vs 'Them'

Oh well.

Be careful and ride on Sunday if you can.

Cole

how does ring wood compare to Allamuchy as far as skill and rocks? I did a quick loop at Allamuchy today the clmbs we tough in this section.... Just wondering before I take the trip to Ringwood
1664580210027.png

Cole

I would say that Ringwood maybe a little bit more technical but I don’t know Allamuchy that well.
thanks, some, but not all of the climbs I came across at Allamuchy, were basically washed out drainages. Other than that it was fun, and ill will have to go explore more.

serviceguy

thanks, some, but not all of the climbs I came across at Allamuchy, were basically washed out drainages. Other than that it was fun, and ill will have to go explore more.
It appears there’s going to be an OOS ride on Sunday, it’s usually a relaxed ride, no drop, even if turns out to be too mellow for you it would give you a good idea of the terrain.

Cole

It appears there’s going to be an OOS ride on Sunday, it’s usually a relaxed ride, no drop, even if turns out to be too mellow for you it would give you a good idea of the terrain.
thanks, the weather isn't looking great Sunday. If there is a window to go, I will end up staying local. But I will keep my eye open for other group rides. It would be good to get a tour.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions