Ringwood State Park Conditions

Sergey

Do you know who and why is building bypasses on the race trail between intersections with red trail and the pipeline?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do you know who and why is building bypasses on the race trail between intersections with red trail and the pipeline?

There was a JORBA sign near what looked to be a re-route in progress on the race trail.

Mr.Moto

There is a short reroute on the race trail right after the Ringwood Ramapo Mt. Defiance trail if you are headed towards the pipeline / Skylands.

onetracker

Been out of town for a while. How are trail conditions looking like for tomorrow? Have you guys had any significant rain as of late?

serviceguy

6 Bridges just gets better and better! Thanks to the crew! The mama bear and cub i saw toward the bottom also agree. A little slick today but no mud really. Lotsa people out.
It got even betterer yesterday, a final push from RTC (Ringwood Trail Crew) sealed the deal on 6 bridges (or 5 bridges, who’s counting anyway). Come and enjoy riding! And if you want to grab some good Karma extra points don't be shy and join the crew for some TM every Thursday at Ryerson 4:00 p.m.

Last edited:

Zaskar

Hit RW on Saturday morning. Loved the new work on Double S and 6 Bridges although we did turn right instead of left at the new entrance...user error. It felt more like a loop with the new entrance and exits. Very cool. There are bee/wasps near switch backs on Cat Nest.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Hit RW on Saturday morning. Loved the new work on Double S and 6 Bridges although we did turn right instead of left at the new entrance...user error. It felt more like a loop with the new entrance and exits. Very cool. There are bee/wasps near switch backs on Cat Nest.
Art looked for those bees and could not find, so they are still there unless someone else got ride of them. If you are allergic, take caution.

Dingo

Saturday morning my riding pal following behind me by 10 seconds had 5 stings to his face, and 2 on his leg. The nest is near the 11:30 to 12:30 time stamp in this vid.

Last edited:

Zaskar

Did a quick loop on Saturday. There is a tree down at the intersection of Ice Pond and Pierson's blocking the road.
It's n the ground and estimation is it's 10''

Also there was a rider urinating in the school lot as I returned 🤬

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did a quick loop on Saturday. There is a tree down at the intersection of Ice Pond and Pierson's blocking the road.
It's n the ground and estimation is it's 10''

IN the lot? not ya know, 100ft into the woods where noone would notice? WTF?!?!!

Zaskar

IN the lot? not ya know, 100ft into the woods where noone would notice? WTF?!?!!

The first car (G class SUV) in the lot... so anyone driving or walk onto the property would see. I said to him to use the woods next time which I don't think the considered was an option.

serviceguy

That's were s 'shame cam' would work wonders...

Not to mention the multiple plastic bottles, plastic bags and the latest addition, the discarded face masks, sprinkled all over the parking lot near the trail head...I guess I need to start carrying gloves and a plastic bag to pick up what the idiots are leaving behind😡😡😡

I was also thinking about an initiative like https://www.cleantrails.org/ and what type of attendance it could generate...not much I suspect based on what my calls to arms in this thread are doing for weekly TM 😔😔😔...maybe some support from the MTBNJ.com ruling elites would help...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions