Ringwood Snow Ride Yesterday

xc62701

Hey guys. I met up with Sean and Will yesterday to get a little snow ride in. There was probably 1.5-2 inches on the ground which actually made for a pretty entertaining ride. It wasn't deep enough to really kill traction since you were still gribbing the dirt, but the rocks were soooper slick. Of course the roots and logs were out to get you too. But we rode for about 2 hours and had a blast. It's amazing how something like snow can completely change the look of things and make a familiar trail look foreign. I did have a nice endo while crossing a stream onto the dry side thankfully. It was cool. Moral of the story...get out and ride...even in snow!!! Also it was so nice to cruise the sand pit at the bottom of Blueberry cause it was so cold. It felt paved! So nice...compared to the leg draining sinkhole it usually is.

Maurice

Agreed. I just rode Chimney Rock this morning and it was gorgeous out there. I'm not sure it will remain like that for long.

It was a bit on the cold side, the truck thermometer still displayed 16* at the end of the ride, but once on the trails it's all good. The key is not to get the hands too cold while setting up the bike etc. otherwise they're going to hurt bad once they warm up.

Interestingly I also endo'ed, over a log. The log is so small I wondered what happened, but I looked at my track and right on the other side of the log it stopped squarely on a small tree stump. Quite funny looking: my track, the stump, nothing, and farther down some sort of snow angel.

It is lots of fun constantly searching for straight lines and compensating for the drifting around. Fisting the front brake hand really helps too.

Cheers,

Maurice

Glancing Aft

I was going to take most of the winter off and just ski, but after the joys of yesterday's ride I'll be doing both! My ankle is nice and swollen today from my over the handlebars on Renegade!

xc62701

I was going to take most of the winter off and just ski, but after the joys of yesterday's ride I'll be doing both! My ankle is nice and swollen today from my over the handlebars on Renegade!

I didn't think you hurt your ankle. That stinks man! It was a stylish endo though. We all had at least one of those it seemed! It's funny that you hurt your ankle and vowed to ride more this winter. What a trooper!!! It was definitely fun. I think I have the most fun when I have the least control for some reason... I'm sure we'll be having more of these rides coming up. :D

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i managed to endo over something i normally clean to. i just sort of slowed down when i got to it instead of keeping my speed up. kinda hurt actually.... i didn't cry though(till ryan and will weren't looking).

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I rode six mile on sunday morning and there was about an inch of snow. On one of the tight turns, completely lost traction and was totally ejected off the bike, I mean completely off. I rarely fall and never like this, it was amusing and even better to look at the tracks

S

Shar0se

I'm going to have to stick with your original idea and mine, which is to ski in the winter and ride the rest of the year, unless it's in the gym or an oddly warm winter day. :)

Eileen

I'm going to have to stick with your original idea and mine, which is to ski in the winter and ride the rest of the year, unless it's in the gym or an oddly warm winter day. :)

Me too! It's snowboard season :getsome:

xc62701

I love skiing too but you've gotta get out in the snow and ride. It's awesome!!! Take one of those days you can't get to the mountain, bundle up and expore!!!

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I love skiing too but you've gotta get out in the snow and ride. It's awesome!!! Take one of those days you can't get to the mountain, bundle up and expore!!!

I agree...I love to 'board, but snow/ice riding is too much fun to pass up...plus it's at least $70/day cheaper ;)

Top Bottom