Ringwood Race Pre Ride 8/16

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
mr pixy and I plan to ride Ringwood on Saturday morning. Meet at Lot C at 9:00, ready to roll by 9:30. If there is enough interest we can start with a lap of the Sep 7 race course and hope to to hit some of the new trails after. I would say that it will be intermediate pace, with some brief regrouping.

O

oak23

The weather forecast calls for rain all morning tomorrow. Is this pre-ride a rain or shine plan or could the group and pixy ride leaders do it Sunday morning instead?

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
The weather forecast calls for rain all morning tomorrow. Is this pre-ride a rain or shine plan or could the group and pixy ride leaders do it Sunday morning instead?

No we will not ride in heavy or steady rain, but last I looked, the rain should be gone before the sun comes up, and Ringwood drains well. :) so it is looking good to go.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Good ride today! The new trail is kick ass now, so I cant wait to see it when it starts to get ridden in!

scotth

Saturday was my first time at Ringwood, and my first time using clipless pedals. When we got to the first real rocky section everyone paused and people went one at a time giving each other some space to get up this section. I started off up the hill, when my momentum slowed and I hit the rocks I paused and went over nice and slow. With my feet locked in my knee was the first to hit, bang right on a rock. It was like swinging a 3lb lump hammer missing the target and hitting your thumb. That is the only way I could explain the pain. Later on I had said I wanted to take the pedals off for the race on Sept 7, but people were very supportive and said to stick with it and soon it will be no problem to unclip to save a knee. I wish this place was closer to my house it's a very nice area to ride. Today was a very nice day and we had a good time on the trail. Thank you to the leaders for showing us around and taking us on parts of the race course. Take Care.

Regards,

Scott

MST.ESQ

Saturday was my first time at Ringwood, and my first time using clipless pedals... Later on I had said I wanted to take the pedals off for the race on Sept 7, but people were very supportive and said to stick with it and soon it will be no problem to unclip to save a knee...

I would call it a bona fide success. If you are not swearing at the clipless your first time out - you won the battle... Ringwood was much more technical than I expected. Did you only hit your knee once? My first time on clipless was on Patriot's path (part of the rail trail system) and I think I crashed 12 times:eek: Sounds like you are further ahead than I was my first time out... stick with it and you will be rewarded with pedaling effeciency!

Thanks again to Mr. and Mrs. Pixy for the tour.

Matt

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would agree that if you're not dead-set against them at this point, you'll be just fine.

onetracker

What is the race course like; what trails will be used? Is the course like two years ago including Renegade? Any chance a map will be available soon?

6thElement

I'm thinking about heading over to ride there on Sunday, so an idea of the course or a gpx that's close would be great.

Or even just a gpx :D

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
What is the race course like; what trails will be used? Is the course like two years ago including Renegade? Any chance a map will be available soon?

Yes, like 2 years ago will probably be the course. Hey that picture of yours looks like this dog I know. The exact same white on the face.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
A map was scanned this morning. It should be up on rvccmtb soon. Most of the course is permanently marked with brown stakes.

I also plan to have the course marked for pre-riding the day before.

Mare

A map was scanned this morning. It should be up on rvccmtb soon. Most of the course is permanently marked with brown stakes.

I also plan to have the course marked for pre-riding the day before.

Fabulous! Thanks for the update!

onetracker

Thanks for the Map!

That is in fact Camper. Sorry for the late reply, we have been backpacking, camping and riding the past few weeks. Catch you at the race. Thanks again.

Top Bottom