Ringwood "Epic" Sunday 10/26/08

Is the start time 7:30? The earlier the better for me. I'm thinking i'm in. I'm strapping on my rocket boosters ;)

how is Ringwood the day after rain? I will know later today if I can make it. Ringwood is roughly 2 hours away from my house, so i need to make sure the wife isn't going to flip if I'm gone all day.

Rain?
What rain? There's no freaking rain!
I wasted a perfectly good overcast morning curled up and sleeping when I could have been out killing myself riding. :mad: Now I have to spend the rest of the day helping a fitful kid do a book report. :mad2: ARGH!!!
That's the last time I pay attention to weather reports.

Ringwood is dry and probably will have little no no effect from rain today.

If, by chance, we do actually get rain.

I'm going to disagree, I was just out there for a bit and found it to be rather slippery on the less traveled trails with lots of leaves. Still should be a fun ride tomorrow!

Rain?
What rain? There's no freaking rain!
I wasted a perfectly good overcast morning curled up and sleeping when I could have been out killing myself riding. :mad: Now I have to spend the rest of the day helping a fitful kid do a book report. :mad2: ARGH!!!
That's the last time I pay attention to weather reports.

Heheheh...there was rain fo sho. I just got in from the Tour de Lake and it rained the entire time. Sometimes heavy sometimes not. You should have been at the tour! It was an interesting event for sure. Check out my writeup for the details.

By the way Ringwood was good after that MONSOON we had in september so this should be no problem tomorrow.

With regard to the trails being in good shape, I'll take your word for it. See you all in the morning. I'm lookingf forward to a new route. i'll be at the school ready to ride at 730.

Ryan just read your tour description,your nuts riding today!
I'll see ya tomorrow7:30 , thanks for the directions

It's dumping up here right now, but looking at the radar it's just about over. It should be a great day, see you all at 7:30. I just got word that I have to go into the office tomorrow afternoon/night so if we could finish up by 11ish that'd be cool.

Great day out. All on the ride did great (started with 7 finished with 5). Ryerson to Six Bridges to the "New Stuff" to Shepards to Race Course to Yellow trail overlook to Blue trail to red back to school. Dumped it in the rocks. Sprained the ankle. Some ice and a couple Advil, I'm ready for another run...who's up?

Super job to Art White, JORBA, IMBA and all the PayDirt particpants on the new trail. After hundreds of hours of grueing work it's shaping up to be one of the best runs around.

Guys, thanks again for a great ride. I'm looking forward to getting back up there soon. It was nice meeting all of you. Bill, I hope you feel better.

Yes it definitely was a good ride. I had a blast and am learning some new connector trails. Even better it was nice to get home and give the legs some rest. I treated them with some more beer.... Glad to hear the ankle is ok Bill.

thanks to Bill,Will,Jeff,and Ryan for a great ride.Learn something each time out.You guys all have skills.And didn't seem to mind waiting

thanks to Bill,Will,Jeff,and Ryan for a great ride.Learn something each time out.You guys all have skills.And didn't seem to mind waiting

Waiting? We didn't really do much of that today. The pace was good. Don't worry - just sign up for the next one...

I'm already looking and it might go like this. Come into the system from Barbara ave and climb to the top of skyline. Then make a way over to Ringwood. Do pretty much all the trails in Ringwood and then come back out Skyline to Barbara ave. I'm thinking of doing this from my apartment in Parsippany. It's 16 road miles to Barbara ave and then probably 30? miles to go through the system. Should make for a fun 70 mile day or so. Maybe one of the next weekends coming up.

I'm already looking and it might go like this. Come into the system from Barbara ave and climb to the top of skyline. Then make a way over to Ringwood. Do pretty much all the trails in Ringwood and then come back out Skyline to Barbara ave. I'm thinking of doing this from my apartment in Parsippany. It's 16 road miles to Barbara ave and then probably 30? miles to go through the system. Should make for a fun 70 mile day or so. Maybe one of the next weekends coming up.

That makes it 3 miles less in each direction for me.... perfect!

hey guys, thanks again for the great ride and sorry I had to split out without saying goodbye to everyone at the end. Here's the mandatory group ride photo,

ringwoodmtbnjfall.jpg

I'm already looking forward to the next one, until then I'll just ride my nontechie terrain out in PA...

Ryan if you want to be completely over the top, start from William Paterson College, ride the high mountain trail system, then it's a 3 mile road ride to Barbara Drive. Ride the Ringwood trail network, and by "hiking" on a certain trail you could come out within 2 miles by road of Jungle Habitat and hit that park up too. Not even going to guess how many miles that would be, but you're a beast.
Also, when you yelled to me on the last descent, "big stick, big stick, big stick" Well, that spelled for me the end of my middle chainring. Not sure how I manage that one, but this is me we're talking about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom