ringwood conditions 1/2/07

G

gumby

first post, not sure how it works and if this is the right place...
anyone know how ringwoood is after the rain yesterday?
thinking of riding wed, 1/3, about a 11am wheels down sort of thing.
have not been for a while but I know it drains well.
anyone around?

hello to the peeps I know who lurk on this board..

NJ Jess

slimmie

Yea, still hasn't drained from that downpour. The leaves make it worse. Sad to hear it is suppose to rain on Friday or Saturday of this week too! I hear Stewart is open again. Nice riding except of the non tree covered trails,...muddy. Anybody with knowledge of their local trails,...what's the conditions?

ryderX

Jess,
Did Mr Santa (a.k.a the Post man) make it to your house ? Hopefully it's a yes!
Kris

NJ Jess

Absolutely!

Jess,
Did Mr Santa (a.k.a the Post man) make it to your house ? Hopefully it's a yes!
Kris

And boy, did we ever see the light! Thanks!

PS. You know about HR polar monitors. I did a night road ride tonight. 1 hour 44 minutes, 24 miles. LSD stuff. My average HR was 133 and then it said Max 230. (NOT) What the *&^$#@ happened? Got any ideas?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
And boy, did we ever see the light! Thanks!

PS. You know about HR polar monitors. I did a night road ride tonight. 1 hour 44 minutes, 24 miles. LSD stuff. My average HR was 133 and then it said Max 230. (NOT) What the *&^$#@ happened? Got any ideas?

Standard electrical interference or some such junk. Happens with power lines sometimes, transformers, etc.

NJ Jess

Thanks Norm

Now, what can I do about it? I hope to ride this route to get in some base miles. Where are you doing your base miles? do you have interferance? Help!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Now, what can I do about it? I hope to ride this route to get in some base miles. Where are you doing your base miles? do you have interferance? Help!

I don't ride with an HRM anymore, I only use RPE. But when I used to see it spike like that, moving to the other side of the street (if possible) usually did the trick. It never lasted long.

Addition: To answer the second question I never took time off from last year, so I'm not really in need of base miles, as such. I'm basically spending all my time at tempo/LT pace right now, which I get on the trainer (not much more than 1:15 at a pop) or on he road on weekends.

Last edited:

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Simon,

Welcome, glad you made it over. How were the conditions @ RW? Weather was good either way.

Kirt

G

gumby

Got a good ride in Kirt but to much fire trail for my liking. Actually I needed the exercise so it was ok. Conditions were great. Thanks for the welcome.
Did you get your leg armor sorted?

I need a guide to refresh my memory. I was so close to some of the goods and turned of just before them and went the wrong way :mad:

Bumped into Tekin today. I need to hit up some trails he told me about at Allumuchy. I can roll in with some respectable city boys if you guys are free for a tour? He said to bring the big bikes, sounds like fun.

NJ Jess

the hidden

Got a good ride in Kirt but to much fire trail for my liking. Actually I needed the exercise so it was ok. Conditions were great. Thanks for the welcome.
Did you get your leg armor sorted?

I need a guide to refresh my memory. I was so close to some of the goods and turned of just before them and went the wrong way :mad:

Bumped into Tekin today. I need to hit up some trails he told me about at Allumuchy. I can roll in with some respectable city boys if you guys are free for a tour? He said to bring the big bikes, sounds like fun.

Try to go ridding with RVCC to find the better trails and loops. Go to a TM day and bike the trails less traveled,......

NJ Jess

Nice workout plan

I don't ride with an HRM anymore, I only use RPE. But when I used to see it spike like that, moving to the other side of the street (if possible) usually did the trick. It never lasted long.

Addition: To answer the second question I never took time off from last year, so I'm not really in need of base miles, as such. I'm basically spending all my time at tempo/LT pace right now, which I get on the trainer (not much more than 1:15 at a pop) or on he road on weekends.

Thanks for the advise on the HR, I'll try it. I wonder if the same thing will happen with the Garmin 305 I ordered?

Wow, you Never took time off?! Gee, I wish I could say the same, but even without the interferance of " a wife and a baby girl," I couldn't ride every week. I will say being off the bike builds up my desire to ride more when I can. I ride the trainer for about 115 too. Going to Beachwood Bikes trainer nights once they start. Keep pedaling,......until we get snow,..then I'm skiing!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, you Never took time off?! Gee, I wish I could say the same, but even without the interferance of " a wife and a baby girl," I couldn't ride every week. I will say being off the bike builds up my desire to ride more when I can. I ride the trainer for about 115 too. Going to Beachwood Bikes trainer nights once they start. Keep pedaling,......until we get snow,..then I'm skiing!

It sounds more astounding that it is. I certainly didn't ride as much as I would have liked this year. The little moster was born in April so I had my "offseason" then. I really didn't get serious until July or some such. So now I'm really just holding serve through the cold weather and seeing how it goes.

Top Bottom