Ringwood 11/2 Lot C 8am

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Continuing the Sunday am No-Drop Beginner/Intermediate rides...
We will wait at intersections, offer pointers and allow time to re-do rocks, logsticles etc., if desired.

We'll roll out promptly at 8am and be back in the lot by 10:15 so you can head home or go back and play some more.

Once again, we're nabbing the test bikes from Pedal Sports in Oakland(THIS SHOP ROCKS!!) so people can demo them for the ride if they'd like. Since we can only have two bikes, you'll have to reserve with me to be sure to get one(and to be sure we bring them both). Available are a Specialized FSR Stumpjumper and a FSR XC both are men's medium. Men or women can reserve to Demo *no charge* on this ride.

PM me for my contact # and to let us know you're coming.

Last edited:

John Baumann

Sounds like a great chance to try out the new 29" KHS Flagstaff that I just brought back from MA. The map to lot C is telling me it can't calculate directions from where I live in Kenilworth. It's like one of those "you can't get there from here" things. Any pointers?

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
The Skylands gate does not open until 9am
so you'll need to come through the Morris Rd. gate.

Take Rte 208 N through Wycoff.
Stay left when 208 runs into 287 to take 287 South.
Then get in right lane to the SKYLINE DRIVE exit, EXIT 57
Take the ramp to the right and up the hill.
Watch your speed. Patrolled by hungry cops.
At stop/yield sign hang left(Church/School across from you)
then a quick right onto GREENWOOD LAKE TURNPIKE/CR-511.
Make second right onto SLOATSBURG RD/CR-697.
About 1 1/2 miles up you'll pass a school on the right
Continue less than 1/2 mile to Morris Rd.

You will not see Morris road until you're on top of it.
As soon as you see a brown park sign and maybe another for Holy Name Friary , get ready to Turn RIGHT onto MORRIS rd.

Follow road straight through the eagles(you'll know what I mean)
then follow signs for Lot C.

I have a tan Caravan with orange tape on the bike rack.
We roll at 8am. See you there.

Last edited:

monteverest

I'm tentatively "in" but won't know for certain until Friday. Do we have to pick up the demo bike at Pedal Sports? Keep hearing great things about the FSR

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I'm tentatively "in" but won't know for certain until Friday. Do we have to pick up the demo bike at Pedal Sports? Keep hearing great things about the FSR

The Stumpjumper FSR ROCKS!!! Haven't tried the FSRxc.
If we know someone wants to try them, we'll bring the demos.
If nobody wants to try, I get to ride 'em. :D
That's the closest I'll get to owning one 'til I save my pennies.:(

Last edited:
R

rltrock

From NYC

Was hoping to hook up with you guys for the first time this Sun. I just picked up the new FSRxc last night -- looks sweet and itching to ride it. I only rode Ringwood once several years ago and looking forward to riding with you guys.

However, I just realized that the Marathon is on Sunday. I live on the Upper West Side of NYC and if I move my car, I will NEVER get another spot when I get back (Marathon is a zoo here).

Unless someone from Manhattan is headed that way (or passing by the GW Bridge) I think I will have to wait for next weekend.

Ron

R

rltrock

Screw the parking....

I'm in.

Blue Subaru legacy wagon, black bike, short guy w beard and white helmet.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Not as early as you thought!

Daylight savings time, turn your clock back and meet us at the new 8am.
We'll have the demo bikes available to try on the ride and maybe for a bit after if people want to test them more.

Tan Caravan, Dk Blue Volvo, Ice blue Van, a stack of bikes. That's us!

We'll roll out of the lot 8am.
Pm me for my cell# if you need, or check my dash.

T

tupacamaru

I'm in aswell! Be on the lookout for a lime green Lamborghini Gallardo

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Sweet! I'd like to see how you'd carry the stumpy in a Lamborghini.

We'll fully expect you to show up with one next time and demonstrate;).
And I call first dibs on test-driving!

mwlikesbikes

Last weekend at Hartshorne I saw a Lotus Elise with a roof rack. They were these suction cups that stuck to the top of the windshield and the roof. Cooler than the 911 at Lewis Morris with the roof rack.

R

rltrock

Hopefully next week

Got up early, prep-ed the bike, laoded up, started the car -- "Check Engine" with some smell. Totally bummed.

Hope you guys have an awesome day. Also, hope to meet up next week.

Ron

jontotman

Thanks everyone I had fun this morning. The pace was just right for me today and the weather turns out to be great. I can't believe how many mt bikers showed up in Ringwood today, by the time we finished our loop, parking lot C was packed. I'm looking to ride with you guys again and hopefully explore other trails in N.J.
And Robson thanks for the second loop we did, sorry if I slow you down on the last 3 miles. I just felt my right leg was starting cramp up.

Robson

Thanks everyone I had fun this morning. The pace was just right for me today and the weather turns out to be great. I can't believe how many mt bikers showed up in Ringwood today, by the time we finished our loop, parking lot C was packed. I'm looking to ride with you guys again and hopefully explore other trails in N.J.
And Robson thanks for the second loop we did, sorry if I slow you down on the last 3 miles. I just felt my right leg was starting cramp up.

No worries...you didn't slow me down. Besides, I was a bit tired too...
I hope we can ride some more soon. Today was fun. Thanks everyone for great group ride today!

S

Stella

Hey everyone, that was allot of fun.

I even got an over the handlebars out of it!
What a good way to wake up Sunday morning.
It was great meeting everybody.

Top Bottom