Ringwood 11/16 Lot C 8am

R

rltrock

In subject to rain/wet

I am in subject to the weather. Hoping it will be a little drier than last Sun. I will probably also bring a friend.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Continuing the Sunday am No-Drop Beginner/Intermediate rides...Anyone?

Robson starts the thread... You guys are hungry for more, I see.
That's a good thing!

Yep, there will be a ride.
I, your favorite sweep rider, will be at a 3 day music convention wandering endless halls til the wee hours of the morning listening, playing, singing and sampling beers and other adult beverages that come as far away as the musicians. It's a tough job, but hey, I do it well. Is there a happy dancing elf icon? Insert one here>

Back to topic!!!

I leave you with Drill Master Tony and General "Leigh" and I believe Greenman is filling in for me. But what the heck, you can all fill in for me. Be nice to the newbies, don't loose anybody, and try not to miss me too much. ;)

Last edited:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Hey Gang,
Word from Drillmaster Tony....
Ride is on for tomorrow unless it is actually raining at the time. But it won't be. Have fun!!

R

rltrock

I'm out

Been called away for family duty, but plan to see you guys next Sun.

jontotman

Good riding with you guys this morning. What can I say Ringwood is one of the best trail that drains very well. After 3 days of rain, the trails in Ringwood still in good shape. There were a few puddles on some of the fire roads but the single tracks were fine. Hopefully I could join you guys again next week, weather permitting of course.

P.S. We missed you Cyclopath! We hope you're having a good time in Minnewaska State park.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
P.S. We missed you Cyclopath! We hope you're having a good time in Minnewaska State park.

Ahh, Thanks for the sentiments guys.
I didn't actually get to ride the park:cry:, the weather was miserable with rain and t-storms and even had tornado warnings. During one of the showcases, a window blew in on the fifth floor and shattered behind a performer. (Fortunately, nobody was hurt.) But I'd say the showcase was a smashing success... ;)

I went over the mountain in the pouring rain and fog to RC's LBS. Picked up some shorts at a sweet price. Had a nice chat and was told that the secret single track was difficult to find and follow and I'd need RC and Tommy to lead me in. When the clouds, fog and rain finally lifted on my way home today, I got a glimpse of the spectacular area I was in. Views, views and more amazing views. RC, tell me when you want to go.

No riding 'cept the lousy stationary in the hotel gym, played in the weight room in the am. Then critiqued, networked and schmoozed my way through the day to the culmination of a invitation only party at the penthouse suite of a popular DJ where we banged out classic rock covers in multi-part harmonies till I left at 6:00am. :drooling: Sleep is over-rated.

And, guys, I only saw one banjo!! It was being played innovatively by a red corduroy hipster clad chick. You never would have noticed she was playing an instrument at all...:p

RW lot C 8am next Sunday!!
Who's in?

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
I went over the mountain in the pouring rain and fog to RC's LBS. Picked up some shorts at a sweet price. Had a nice chat and was told that the secret single track was difficult to find and follow and I'd need RC and Tommy to lead me in. When the clouds, fog and rain finally lifted on my way home today, I got a glimpse of the spectacular area I was in. Views, views and more amazing views. RC, tell me when you want to go.

Hey Cyclopath!,

I bet you bought the Cannondale shorts, if so they are a good buy. I'm so glad you made it through the fog and the rain, when stroms blow into the Gunks it makes it tough to get anywhere. Michael and Geoff are super guys (they must be for putting up with me). After cyclocross season which ends in mid-December Tommy and I will give you a tour of the 1000+ acres. The views are incredible and some of the rock formations are hard to believe.

S

Shhhh

hey cyclopath...very uncool post regarding Tony...(you know which one). If you know him as well as I then you know if that gets back to him...he's gone. Busting someone like that in private is one thing...but on a message board? You know his humor, and he would be more than happy to play with you face to face, but this will not make him happy. If that got back to me, it's only a matter of time before he hears it. Fortunately, he's not the type of person to ever be on a message board, so maybe it's not to late.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
What was I thinking?
Obviously, not much.

Thanks for pointing out my gaffe.
Foot removed from brain.:eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom